M*CARBO Brotherhood

Timney Trigger For Ruger 10-22

Ruger’s ubiquitous10-22 can now have a drop in Timney trigger according to American Gunsmith magazine (volume 33, #8 Aug. 2018 page 2) The trigger has a1 1/2 to 2 pound pull with mag. release under the trigger guard. Interesting the trigger has a bolt release in the unit. Comes with three adjustable trigger shoes. This makes my $250.00 10-22 sear and trigger fixture look like a waste of money. :disappointed_relieved: R S

1 Like

I drilled and put a adjustable trigger screw with a lock nut on mine, after polish work on the sear and trigger,and I believe a Kidd Trigger and spring Kit, $10.00 ? don’t remember. The Preset and Travel is O it’s wonderful. I see now that Volquartsen is now Offering neat stuff for their 10/22 magnum models’ as far as springs and parts.

2 Likes

I’m a little late to this conversation but what it’s worth, the Ruger BX trigger is a giant leap from the stock trigger. Another option that I’ve tried and am pleased with is Brimstone I have two of the tier 2 triggers and they are even better. I have one Kidd trigger and well, it is a Kidd trigger.
I have Timney triggers in ARs and 700s and they are tremendous triggers but for a 10-22, I honestly believe there are better options for less money.

Bill

2 Likes

I dropped in the Ruger BX-22 trigger off the shelf from Cabela’s. I think that’s all I need.

1 Like