M*CARBO Brotherhood

Threaded grip pins

I was installing the pro trigger bundle and came across a couple of questions # 1 my short threaded grip pins from the factory have the rimmed end pointing up on the non ejection side this is opposite of the way MCarbo video says the rimmed end should be pointing down # 2 my aluminum trigger came with a tiny washer but there is no instructions on where it’s installed on the trigger hinge pin.

2 Likes

Did you watch the videos?

The washer comes with the trigger and goes on one of the two pin, show it on one of the videos

1 Like

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Robert. It doesn’t really matter which end the rim is on. The plastic washer was added a while back because Keltec made some grips with a flaw that interfered with trigger reset, especially if the grip screws were tightened too much and MCARBO made the washer to help alleviate that. If your trigger resets okay, you’re good.

1 Like

Yes I watched all the vids I could find most are like 3 years old

1 Like

the washer fits over the pins so doesn’t expand that grip width like a longer pin, it shims the trigger itself to be tighter in the grips. Write tech support at mCarbo, they are responsive.
I’ll look through the vids, saw it in there once. I had put it on the trigger mount pin as the trigger I had gotten was slightly thinner there than the OEM plastic one. That metal trigger I sent back as it hit the guard and got a new shorter flat trigger, it did not come with that washer

2 Likes