Thread was deleted

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD. It’s a bad idea to have a converstion here.

I have zero interest in ever willingly shooting pistol irons. My work forces me to be proficient with them so I can’t completely abandon them, but red dots are an absolute must in my opinion.

9 Likes

Interesting concept but my ADHD != 22 minutes.

Combined times from the 12 stages at the 2022 Rimfire Challenge World Championship

1 Misco, Jesse 93 OPEN (optics)
1 Misco, Jesse 99.38 LTD (irons)

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.” (popularized in the United States by Mark Twain)

:turkey: :telescope: vs :gun: :turkey:

4 Likes

C79769EB-FCAA-44E1-A67F-4EABE0D17127

@Kona No one likes being referred to as old. Especially by the forum moderator.

6 Likes

Your only as old as the person laying next to you thinks you feel….

7 Likes

@Thatoneguy I waited to post the now deleted video for a week. I decided to post it because we generally like to learn things. But… the first person that posted obviously didn’t watch even the first few minutes… and reacted exactly like the person in the vidoe said people would… that if you even suggest any downside to red dots you are a “Fudd”. So kudos to him for being “that guy”.

Sad that the site admin reacted to the name of the thread without actually viewing the content. Within the first few minutes they would have realized the video was about the folks that shoot a few times a year and just want the stuff the industry tells them they “need”. But he had to set the pace instead of moderating.
I’ll be more careful with my posts going forward.

• Old Man
3 Likes

@Kona @TexasEskimo GET THE HAND BAGS OUT LADS :mechanical_arm: :person_in_motorized_wheelchair: :person_in_motorized_wheelchair: :men_wrestling: :men_wrestling:

6 Likes

3 Likes

@TexasEskimo I like you a ton! I was just teasing. I’m getting old and so is everyone else. My eyes are getting too old for irons too. I meant no disrespect. Really sorry you took it that way.

13 Likes

@TexasEskimo I really have to ask why you’re giving me such a hard time about this in the thread? You’ve made numerous posts and jokes at my expense that I’ve never reacted to. I feel like I’ve always been level headed and treated people fair around here. What gives?

11 Likes

@Kona You’re good my friend. I respect you very much. Thank you for reaching out.

It’s the anniversary of my sons death. I should have just stayed offline… like I am going to do for a few days. I can’t sleep, or work.

If anyone has never lost a child it’s hard to understand that time will never heal some things. Memories are flashing through my head… it’s an endless loop.

See you and the gang in a few days.

Austin… my son… I miss him so much.

FOTO_20180204_153525

9 Likes

@TexasEskimo I’m sorry for your loss brother.

13 Likes

Best wishes and condolences for the loss. Most of us appreciate your over the top humor but it can cause potential confusion-as did one of my posts about you. Stay strong.

11 Likes

@TexasEskimo So sorry for Your Loss’ You are Respected And Loved Around Here! As Out of Round as you get Some times on a Roll.

9 Likes

Thanks all. This Sunday is his birthday. Going to celebrate it with some friends. Tired of crying alone.

11 Likes

Never stop crying for your child: The wound that will never heal. Carry it with hope. Hope in the next life. Be joyful in your suffering. As odd as it sound… St. Paul advises to do that. Worry only when you are no longer in pain. :pray:

4 Likes

@Kona And yet … here we are Logan.

The internet is forever.

5 Likes

@TexasEskimo I carry irons at work and EDC irons. I still think they suck lol.

7 Likes

I use irons as a backup to instinctive point shooting. I have and will never divulge that in court. But, I may be too old to change. I do appreciate optics and lasers. Especially IR lasers. But that causes the GAS to matriculate. I don’t appreciate the weight of all the accessories though. Weight is only my friend when it is in motion. Inertia!

6 Likes