M*CARBO Brotherhood

Thoughts on Aguila Ammo

4 Likes

I’ve used some Aguilla before. I’ve not had any negative issues with it. Ran fine in several different 9mm

7 Likes

I’ve not used the 9mm but have shot a couple hundred rounds of their .22lr Super Extra 40gr with no issues. Cheap to shoot, even for .22lr, cost per round was under $0.02.

5 Likes

Price looks good. Get what you can.

Haven’t used any of their 9mm yet but when I do I’ll probably get both 115 & 124 gr. FMJRN.

Here’s a good deal on Armscor 9mm 124 gr fmjhp ($8.49/20):

https://www.ammofast.com/product/armscor-9mm-124-gr-jhp-20/

8 Likes

Its mexican made, their 22 is pretty good

9 Likes

i’ve seen it, but a grocery store? Wow

5 Likes

@Lurch Please put your discussion in a post on the thread and not in a really long thread title haha. Thanks :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Whooops,I’ve gone and done it again haven’t I? Sorry! I’m like technologically challenged

6 Likes

I ran that box through my gen 4 and it was pretty doggone good!(at first…)I’ve got some issues going on…unoficial diagnosis is COSMOLINE contamination created premature throat/chamber erosion.just had the offending crud polished out(NOTHING else in the world would remove it.u think of it,I tried it!)VERY clean ammo,zero issues-but after 25 rounds the unidentifiable crap was back in the chamber and accuracy went from tight and consistent to consistently sporadic.its not the AMMO.this barrel has less than 2k rounds through it,never had hot strings through it,never gone over 150rnds without a full on cleaning…im told it’s shot-if you pardon the poor pun…ANYWAY,I give that ammo 2 thumbs up.clean,accurate&reliable

6 Likes

I’ve shot some .308. Ran fine. Only problem I had was trying to reload it. My dies did not like it.

4 Likes

They also have a USA plant Now’ a few years back the 22TCM was coming out of the Philippines when they were having Issues with Failure to Feed and Others due to them Not lubing Cases in Final Crimping stages. Last 2000 rounds/9mm I got no problems. It’s all I buy From still.AMMO Supply Wharehouse Panrump NV

6 Likes

They make everything except primers. Great ammo, shot 9mm,40 cal. ,38’s and 556 62 grain. Its hard to keep in stock. Good seller for the price.

7 Likes

Hey it out performed the Winchester service grade-till I just had to quit.gonna have to call GLOCK on this chamber issue.just spent 90 minutes cleaning my gun-mostly on the barrel,only shot 120(clean)rounds-and the barrel is about what you would expect it to look like at under/around 2k rounds,but the chamber…i think it’s toast.guess I’ll start shopping for a new barrel pending what GLOCKS lifetime warranty duz.i have pics though.not that’ll help​:unamused::rooster::dash::boom::gun:

3 Likes

@Lurch Check out Lone Wolf barrels…I went a little longer, threaded, fully supported, and fluted on my G26 Gen4. Love it!

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=4

4 Likes

@MountainHunter
@Lurch
agree with mountain, Lone Wolf in one of mine, threaded, second one going to get the same…

6 Likes

Thanks,I will definitely look into that.glocks customer service is pretty good but I kinda doubt they are going to do anything without me having to ship my entire gun back for weeks.

4 Likes

@Lurch Glock chambers are usually loose…that is one of the things that make them so reliable. Alpha Wolf is tighter…and supported. I haven’t had any feed issues with Alpha.

6 Likes

I was just about to ask you the difference between alpha and lone wolf barrels.$99.95 is pretty dang cheap for a fully supported(no case bulging)threaded barrel!

4 Likes

Rock island armory.should be pretty good then.i would think

3 Likes

I will try to get some decent pics,but have you ever had a chamber flamed out out?at least that’s the way it’s described to me.the chamber walls are scorched here and there and there is blow back being created(?)around the cartridge when it’s fired.idk that it makes total sense since its an unsupported chamber to begin with,but the torched casings-mostly on one side and the evidence in the chamber it’s self…

3 Likes