Thompson Center tc omega trigger

Friend of mine broke the trigger on his T/C Omega muzzle loader.
Any idea where to find one? T/C website is out of stock.

2 Likes

@cico7
That is a stainless trigger, isn’t it? If so, can it be welded?

Is this the correct one for his model?

Trigger - Stainless Steel - Original (cfnparts.com)

3 Likes

Thank you! I will follow up on this.

3 Likes

TIG welding should work. Also, sometimes nickel rod can stick it together, if your alloy is funny. You could tig it together with steel rod, if you don’t mind corrosion issues. Powder coat or something

2 Likes

@Mic

Absolutely.
I would imagine it should be easy enough to have someone there do it, but if worse comes to worse he could send it to me, and I could have @188rick weld it and send it back.

3 Likes

Just following along but I have to ask…How does one break a trigger?

5 Likes

@Festus

It seems to be an issue with some of those triggers from what I understand.
Some people have had their guns for years without a problem, and other guns have had groups of them break right from the git-go.
I don’t know if it’s a batch problem or?

3 Likes

@Festus that is a very good question and I will find out. This is for a friends muzzle loader so I can not answer.

5 Likes

I will look into this as well, thank you!

I suggested JB weld but that didn’t go over well.

3 Likes

JB sticks a lot of things together, probably not a good solution for triggers, hammers, or marriages. Some need a better hold on the situation.

2 Likes

Well the trigger wouldn’t release which is how the trigger got broke. It’s pretty thin so when he pulled it broke. That’s all I got. But

@jeffing65 thank you the website. He ordered and received the trigger installed it and went hunting today.

4 Likes

@cico7
Well sweet. I’m glad that was the correct one and it worked out. :+1:

When I first read your post, I called my buddy Rick to see if he by some off chance had one and he didn’t, so I thought I would do a little searching and see if I could find you one somewhere.
Like you said, T/C and every other big supplier was out of stock, but I figured there had to be someone that had a used trigger if I could find it and it wasn’t sold yet.

I took a bit to weed through all the out-of-stock sites and dead-end leads, but it paid off in the end. I’m glad I could help.

5 Likes