The Tool Thread! 🛠

It’s a “Supply and Demand” thing…IMHO. China and Teslas loving it.

I’m still going to buy one more lithium battery for my house as a backup to the other 4, and start buying high capacity lithium AA’s and a mini spot welder for all of my Makita tools.

I sure don’t miss the lead acid batteries, watering, gassing, maintenance I did for over 30 years! :sunglasses::beers:

Lithium is the new gasoline…time to stock up!

Speaking of stock. Next dividend from Apple might go into one of these four …:sunglasses:

GNENF:

Fatwood , also known as “fat lighter,” “lighter wood,” “rich lighter,” “pine knot,” “lighter knot,” “heart pine” or “lighter’d”, is derived from the heartwood of pine trees. The stump left in the ground after a tree has fallen or has been cut is an excellent source of fatwood.
Lower dead branches may also have ample turpene fuel.

Fatwood or fat lighter…make or buy… “if” available. 🤷

If the Fatwood is straight enough, you can cut it into 6-8” lengths…then split it into sticks with a knife or small hatchet…it splits super easy.

Here’s my “stash”….:sunglasses::fire:

Keep the sawdust and make compressed “starter” pellets. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

One last boot to this dead horse. :hiking_boot::horse:
Ordered one of these highly rated, eleven dollar USGI Etool covers thinking/hoping the Glock shovel would fit.

No dice, had to order a five pack of boat cover extensions to make up the difference.

Still “only” out $26 for a sturdy Etool sheath.
No doubt, she has something to say about that!:rofl:

fjb

6 Likes

10 Likes

Anyone burning wood has or needs one of these Kindling Crackers

fjb

9 Likes

Nice sheath and solution to securing with the snap extenders.

It ain’t over til the horse screams!
Still waiting on my Glock Survival Kit ordered December 29th! :rage::scream::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’ve never seen or used one. Looks very useful and safe.
Is it the King size one?

On my to-buy list…:sunglasses::fire:

Yep, makes kindling prep a helluva lot easier AND safer, especially if cutting smaller tinder.

The price went up quite a bit since purchasing a few years ago.
It was on sale for $99 and free shipping plus had a $10 off coupon from somewhere…but that was 2-3 years ago.

EDIT:Not being one to BS, found my order. $10 coupon was not used on the purchase, but received as a bonus.

fjb

3 Likes

Wait 'til spring when they’ll be on clearance

4 Likes

Agree. Problem is I want the Cracker and a new wood axe…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well I ordered the CH Tool Rolls direct. Free shipping on orders over $50 and 25% off to Vets…:sunglasses:

I just load the tools I think will be needed per job.
Probably order a few more rolls for my knives/flashlights,

Also been using the CH Thinsulated gloves for many years…WARM :fire::sunglasses:

Great products and always a clearance sale going on:

4 Likes

:heavy_heart_exclamation:Shopping right now…

Are those gloves in the pic insulated?

fjb

3 Likes

That they are…worth every penny :face_with_monocle:

I still use my worn ones at times…:scream:

HOW? :person_shrugging: I reverse the gloves and hands and use the backs which are in great shape :sunglasses:

I buy the XL size: Makes sure to order the A513S insulated gloves

Tractor Supply has them in stock and available…at discount…ask about Miliitary/Vet Etc.

2 Likes

Tap Socket?!! Never heard of one… add to the “to buy” list now. :face_with_monocle:

Kokenusa.com

4 Likes

Oooo. I like that! Thanks for sharing.
Usually if i cant find my T handles or if im tapping lots of holes, i just shove the tap into my air drill and chuck it up super tight.

2 Likes

That looks really cool I need those.

3 Likes

Where to buy one now?

Drive to the TSC yesterday…

Gloves look/feel worthy. Be better when broken in tho.

fjb

4 Likes

Cut, split, stack, move some firewood for the snow coming Friday and that should soften them up. I’m going to try some dry silicone spray for extra waterproofing.
Maybe @HandyDave might have a suggestion? Bees wax? :honeybee::person_shrugging:

https://palmac.net/contact-us/

2 Likes

2 Likes

For leather and fabric gloves like those. Best weather proofing i can think of would be some sort of spray on. Like sno seal and such like you would use for boots. Mink oil maybe.

4 Likes