The Tool Thread! 🛠

Check out smokey mountain knife works. They have tons of different options and configurations for knife rolls. I got my dad a couple few years back to keep all his case xx and other collector knives in. To protect them when hes takin them back and forth to the flea markets and such. This is what i got him. But they have lots of options.

p.s. the smokey mountain knife works store in Tennessee is freaking awesome. Any grown american man who hasn’t been there should add it to places to visit. And plan on spending days walking around looking at everything.

3 Likes

While I’m waiting on the Glock Survival Kit to arrive…I’m checking out the survival knife info. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Wouldn’t a big Weller pistol-grip soldering gun work on that? I used to have one of my Father’s old ones from his TV repair days. It’ll certainly git 'er done!

1 Like

I have one but it’s not capable of spot welding…and makes too much heat. Mini spot welder looks pretty cheap and gets the job done safely…I hope.

1 Like

While I’m waiting for the Glock Survival Kit to arrive, I decided to give the old Boy Scout entrencher shovel/pick/hoe some lovin.
This time I removed the locking detent pins/cup/spring/tube assembly to clean things up and make the pivot assembly reliable.
The original spring is stain(s)less steel. I packed the assembly in grease.
The steel appears to be good quality as it’s 50+ years old.

I’m just using a temporary old rotten wood rake handle for a handle since the original was shot…so that’s the next part to replace.

Also found out some history.

7 Likes

More tricks for your Glock FM 78-81….:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Around $30?? That is a about 25% of the what I found. but the video was published in 2012.

1 Like

@cico7 Today @ Midway USA $29.99

The best deal IMHO is the Glock Survival Kit…which I ordered.

“E”ntrenching tool with cheapo pouch
FM 81 knife with sheath
4 pistol glock bag
Glock tshirt
$108.88 total with ship from Glock Store

2 Likes

i was looking at the one with out the root saw.

Looking into a lithium chainsaw for summer time cutting.
I have two identical Stihl gas chainsaws that are reliable but loud and oily. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Small jobs: I like the Makita 36 VDC 14” Bar
Large jobs: Greenworks Pro 80 VDC 18” Bar (temporary discontinued?)
Kobalt 80 VDC 18” Bar

2 Likes

My father in law has had the Stihl battery saw for several years now and it’s been flawless. He tried to get me to go with one last year after hurricane Laura but I opted for a gas one.

He also has the echo battery saw and it has a little more umph than the stihl but how long it will last who knows.

2 Likes

I would have at least two battery packs. Do not run them all the way down for longest life and recharge cycles…go shallow discharge before recharging.

Store batteries at room temp…they don’t like cold.

1 Like

That’s why I went with gas. For the saw 2 batteries and a charger for the stihl it was over $800. $400 for the gas stihl I ended up with. And for hurricane and deer lease use, gas is easier to keep going.

3 Likes

My first Stihl gas chainsaw lasted ~15 years. I abused the crap out of it and did a lot of plunge cuts on tree stumps.
Something internally wears out and the compression goes…then the rebuild cost isn’t worth investing…so I bought two of the same model to rotate use.

Most of my battery tools are 18 volt lithium Pro Makita. So I could swap batteries easily. So for small jobs I’ll probably get the Makita.

2 Likes

This one has the sheath. not the foreskin…

2 Likes

The Midway one for $29.99 does too…

2 Likes

Brutal cold frozen wood cutting…worse case scenario…

1 Like

Still waiting for my Glock knife to come…
might have to order a few more …🤷 :face_with_monocle: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes
1 Like

FWIW, pedo joe has caused lithium prices to rise seven-fold since his election:

The Biden seven-fold lithium price rise impacts electric vehicle buyers world-wide, not just in the USA.

Rechargeable power tools with lithium batteries have also now shot up in price.

1 Like