M*CARBO Brotherhood

The Tool Thread!

Don’t see one here… so :eye: thought :eye: would add one.

Post up anything you got, want, need…LOVE-HATE…you know the drill… :eyes::grinning:

I’m in the middle of servicing/repairing a few at the moment.

Anyone have a real “Compass Plane” they want to get rid of or trade for? I Want One or two…:sunglasses:

READER ATTENTION…THIS IS NOT A SHOW AND TELL THREAD!!!

MY INTENTION IS TO GIVE SOUND/SAFE ADVICE, AND TO HELP ANYONE OBTAIN INDEPENDENCE AND USEFUL SAFE SKILL SET.

IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE OR CONFIDENT WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TOOLS, USE, OR SERVICING, OBTAIN A PROFESSIONAL AND STAY SAFE!!!

AS ALWAYS…DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME…
I’M WHAT YOU CALL A PROFESSIONAL…GADGETEER AND TECHNO TWIT
. …:sunglasses:

@DirtSalior No I didn’t photo “chop” your k…nife… :eyes::see_no_evil::sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

What the F**k are you talking about ?

2 Likes

Take a look “dead center” in the last photo…:eye::v:

3 Likes

I don’t photo shop OR chop all I’ve ever done is put The shot gun pictures that You ask for! look a House further that’s NOT my style ! ! ! I wondering if you did it to blame on ME.

2 Likes

Very Good selection of “outside” tools. I did not see a sickle or scythe, or a Grass Whip?
And, what good are the grease guns on these tools?

1 Like

@DirtSalior Not a problem amigo. :grinning:

:eye: wanted you 2 c :eye: decided to NOT bury the “issue military” k…nife.

:eye: sincerely wanted to show that :eye: am chiseling away at it…slowly.

Was going to ask you for a photo of yours to see what mine used to look like…no worry. :wave::v::sunglasses:

:eye: want to R-E-S-P-E-C-T this tool…:pray:

2 Likes

Where’s your saw teeth on the upper edge if the blade ?

2 Likes

@DirtSalior Awwww geeee now you’re gonna make me look for the other one!!!:eyes::see_no_evil::v:

2 Likes

(Answer to grease guns is on post #28)

Darn U 2! :eye:’ e got me hands full and this is my short tool list!!!

C the circular blade on me weed whacker?.. :eye: will get a pic later to show what that can do to 1/2” thick cane forest…:scream::skull:

Here U go…:eye: suppose you want me to change the handle to wood 2?

The grease gun with the needle tip…give you one guess…:eyes:
if you win? If :eye: win?

:eye:’m a “21Century Man” Yes :eye: am when :eye: Can…

2 Likes

That looks more like a K-Bar to me, the AF Survival Knife has a 6 sided nut 1/4" thick on the butt of the knife. It’s used as a hammer & the guard has 2 holes in it to be lashed to a pole as a spear for Wooly :laughing: Mammoth attacks. The newer knives you could/can buy at wally world or SMKW have much finer saw teeth on the back of the blade not the much courser ones on the old AF Survival Knife. . https://www.smkw.com/ontario-survival-u-s-military-issue

2 Likes

I have one, though not particularly interested in getting rid of it. I’ve also got a large wooden jointer plane, some other misc old block planes and a crank operated grinding wheel that belonged to my grandfather. I should dig them out and snap some pics…

4 Likes

Sorry guys…my priorities just shifted…anyone know what this is called? Gets to share a bottle of my wine. With me…some day…:wine_glass:

Hint: gotta go save a million _

3 Likes

Can do a real number on your foot too, right through your boot. :skull_and_crossbones:

I used to work for a guy mowing yards and had a boot you could see the steel in the toe from all the whacking that happened in tight corners.

2 Likes

Looks like the sump pumps we used on the golf course to pump out the sand traps after heavy rains. One might not think of earthworms as an obstruction, pack enough of them in the impeller of a pump once…

4 Likes

Sump Pump sounds right. Gasoline powered, rather than the 120VAC style in older homes below flood plane levels. It is good that multiple size hose connections are there, just in case you have to blow…

3 Likes

I would say trash pump.

4 Likes

Just on a tiny break here… Jeff gets to share a half bottle and tasting notes with me…hopefully before we go to heaven or…election time! :scream_cat::ambulance::rofl:

:eye: refer to it as a “Crash Pump” on the sea…and a “Trash Pump” on land…so Jeff got half of the answer…very good!:v::wine_glass:

:eye: have a feeling Jeff will guess the nautical reason why …and we will split a bottle in 10 minutes flat…

Jeff …don’t forget to bring the Bordeaux Riedel Wine glasses…not typical jack-ass glasses…
:eye: despise them when :eye: see them. :eyes::eyes::eye::scream::scream::wine_glass::wine_glass::v:

One more thing…:eye: call this the winebulance…:ambulance::ambulance::ambulance::ambulance::ambulance:

3 Likes

@MountainHunter Gave a young lady friend a set of those glasses for a wedding gift a few months back, but I bet I could scare up a couple more. :ok_hand: LOL

“Crash pump” aka Bilge pump. :ship:

PS. I love a good home made wine.

3 Likes

Yes the thin glass really lets your taste buds pull it all in…the thicker the glass=less taste…it’s a fact!

Uh ohhhhhhh…the “crash pump” is what the coast guard will lend you…if your vessel is sinking…they won’t tie along side a sinking vessel…noooooo way!

:eye:make BIG REDS.:wine_glass:…With Chilean grapes in the spring…:eye:guess this will be the first year that’s not going to happen…:rofl: My own grapes in August…Regent and Marquette…and California grapes in the fall.
At the moment :eye: am flooded with wine…but not sinking!

Gee…now :eye: got to backtrack on all the excitement that happened today…off the mountain!:scream::boom::hugs:

2 Likes

Inside and outside radius planing on round tables, furniture…who knows what else?..:eye: just love them. Please send pics!!.:v:

2 Likes