M*CARBO Brotherhood

The S&W J Frame

I’ll start the ball rolling with a couple of mine.
1952 First year of production .38 SPL.
1975 .32 S&W Long.

12 Likes

@AV8R Those J’s are in very good condition. Does the bottom pic’s barrel have slab sides or am I getting blind?

4 Likes

It’s just the picture, it is a round barrel!

4 Likes

A couple more.
1981 .38 SPL Airweight Nickel Plated.
1983 .38 SPL Airweight.

10 Likes

2015 example in .38 SPL.
This one was part of an export contract to a Police Department in Japan. I don’t know if it even left the USA or not.
The original grips have a relief on the lower corner for a lanyard and a lanyard pin is installed in the frame.
I installed a spring kit and it’s a great shooter. Japan lost out on this little guy.:wink:

10 Likes

I posted a photo of this S&W my Dad got my stepmom/mom a little while ago. He said the LGS said gun was new. No box. It’s a 640 with a 3” barrel. Mom called me two nights ago asking if I could help her find a holster for it. They are having troubles finding something that will accommodate the 3” barrel. After confirming it is a 640 I dated it 1993.

She wants a leather holster that has some kind of retention.
I sent them links for:

9 Likes

@Captainjack88
Very nice, unusual piece with the 3” barrel.
Here is a decent leather holster for the gun.

4 Likes

@AV8R
It is
I like it, Mom too. She shot two groups, back to back in a 5” circle at 25’.
Dad doesn’t like the heavy trigger pull. That can be fixed.

Mom wants some kind on retention in a holster for when she is riding her horses.

5 Likes

Smith and Wesson model 49 bodyguard. 1953 mfg/heavily carried/it was a mess, I just stripped it and reblued it. Ain’t the prettiest bell at the ball but it’s compact, dehorned and a good NY reload.

13 Likes

Nice to see an original Bodyguard still doing its thing. Very cool.:+1:t3:

8 Likes

I have fired too many rounds to remember through these.
It is an accurate never fail gun. I keep one in my Jeep.

7 Likes

I’m looking to add a wheel gun to my collection- preferably a a S&W. .357,(I plan on shooting mainly 38spcl.)but what’s a good intermediate 4" range Barrel with a full under lug? Revolvers are not my forte…

4 Likes

S&W 686. .357 Magnum, can also be found in Nickle Plated.
image image

7 Likes

Ok, Fine. LOL :+1:

1954 model 32 terrier 38 S&W

7 Likes