M*CARBO Brotherhood

The Official Remington 870 Thread

You asked for it, here it is. Post up your Remington 870 photos, what you’ve done to it. Here’s mine. 870 HD, Uncle Mike’s sling swivels 1 1/4" M1907 USGI repo sling, sling mounted extra rounds extended mag tube, 1000 lumen light. loaded w/#4 buck.

17 Likes

I got a new 26 inch vent rib barrel getting delivered tomorrow, supposedly. I’ll get some pics with ALL the goodies and post it then. You pretty much have the set-up I want tho.

8 Likes

Which reminds me, I have a 26" barrel somewhere…

3 Likes

How do the extra rounds feel hanging off the front? Are they uncomfortable?

3 Likes

Here’s my 870. Just got the 26 vent rib today, not even cleaned yet. The 2 brothers on the bottom are 20 inch fully rifled and its twin smooth bore. Replaced the extractor with the Volquartsen version, the carrier dog spring with the police version. A Wilson combat dome head safety and a Mesa Tactical polymer side saddle with 00 Buck. A Brownells magazine follower and spring. And an old leather sling that saw many whitetail hunts back in the day. This firearm is dependable and took quite a few deer in it’s day. I only ever shot Sabots out of it, so far. I’m setting it up now for self defense and a little bit of skeet. Super dependable, super versatile. What’s not to love about the 870. Oh yea, I have a plus 3 Remington magazine extension on back order with Opticsplanet.com. It should match the 20 inch barrels.

11 Likes

I scarcely notice them, not uncomfortable at all. Mind you, I’m not shooting three gun/skeet/clays with it either.

6 Likes

I have 870 Tactical Express. Replaced extractor for a NON-MIM, Wilson tactical jumbo head safety, Up graded carrier latch spring and Big dot front sight. Replace stock for Magpul. My go to for the past 8yrs.

9 Likes

Maybe you should?
You got the guns
and your still a spry old geezer✌️

8 Likes

You really know how to make a guy feel good. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Does sound like fun…

9 Likes

My Rem 870 Tactical, posted several days ago on a different thread. I added the Magpul fore end with a short pic rail for a detachable flashlight, ATI M4 style stock with gel padded butt plate and grip, Mcarbo trigger spring and steel mag follower. Came with a breacher choke. I added a modfied choke for buckshot loads and the pouch on the sling holds a rifled choke for shooting sabot slugs. Also came with ghost ring sights which I bullseye sighted at 50yds. Not the same old 870 we used to carry in the squads back in the 70’s and 80’s. Now it’s everything I need it to be.

11 Likes

I got a couple 870’s. A 1970’s Wingmaster TB 12ga with beautiful figured stocks and high polished blued finish.Don’t have any pics of it in my computer.
I inherited a 870 Express 20ga Magnum that was badly abused & rusted. I replaced the busted stock with a nice walnut stock,and then bead blasted everything and Cerakoted it Burnt Bronze.

10 Likes

@Captainjack88 @Festus Love it Sounds like Fun to Me’ :grinning:
Oh yeah I don’t have One anymore.:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

image image image

Completely stock lightweight magnum 20 ga with slug bbl and el cheapo scope.
Take notice of the mahogany wood. Mid eighties manufacture. They don’t make like this anymore.

12 Likes

I know a lot of youngsters who started their deer hunting careers with a gun like that. Up until about 10-15 yrs ago we had a number of counties in Wis. that were shotgun only. First came the inclusion of blackpowder along with shotguns, then eventually they eliminated any restrictions.

5 Likes

I have looked at some police trade in shotguns.
Do you think they are more likely to be worn out and overused
or just sit unused in the trunk?

7 Likes

My thought is they see little use, maybe only fired as often as the officer is required to qualify with it. dependent on location I would think.

8 Likes

@cico7

From what I have heard and seen, police trade-ins tend to have a bit of exterior wear, but not too much interior wear (carried a lot, shot not too much). If you don’t mind the diamond in the rough type of gun, you should be fine with most police trade ins.

10 Likes

I wish I could find these trade-ins. I’ve asked some of my LEO buddies but they don’t know what happens to them once they’re turned in.

7 Likes

Ours were fired maybe once a year in training so not a huge amount of rounds through them. Depending on how they were mounted in the squad car they can be subject to a bit of cosmetic damage. They are good candidates for re-stocking. Maybe a nice Magpul stock and fore end.

5 Likes

There was a constant problem with the state troopers’ roof-mounted 870’s slings. The screws would loosen and drop into their printers, jamming them solid. I know of at least a dozen printers replaced before they all got the word to tighten those screws or they’d be paying for new ones. :grin:

5 Likes