M*CARBO Brotherhood

The new Ruger 57

The hottest selling pistol for Ruger in years is the new 57 based on the FN 5.7x28mm cartridge. The one knock on the pistol that I’ve read about more than anything else is that it “doesn’t have a great trigger” so…How about it Chris?
I’ll admit I have ulterior motive here since I’ve finally been able to order one of these and as soon as I get my hands on it I’ll be polishing everything to do with the trigger. The only double action pistol I’ve ever shot with what I would call a nice trigger out of the box is the Canik TP9SFX I recently picked up. The rest need help!

11 Likes

@Grumpyolman
Welcome to the Brotherhood!
I handled the new Ruger and I have to say you’re correct, the trigger is not very good. I feel that there is a lot that can be done by polishing the internals to remove the grittiness.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Brotherhood @Grumpyolman

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome

4 Likes

I know M Carbo makes a lot of spring kits (I’ve installed a few). I’m hoping it’s worthwhile to make one for the 57.

9 Likes

@Grumpyolman welcome to the forum paul

4 Likes

Well, here’s a follow up on my Ruger 57. First time I sent it back the slide had jammed shut shooting FN 198 ammo. Ruger sent me a new gun. Two weeks later I found brass shavings and what looked like small pieces of plastic in the gun while cleaning it. Sent it back to Ruger.
Got the gun back with a list of things fixed. 20 rounds and the gun would randomly quit going into battery all the way. i couldn’t push into battery either. Ruger sent me a new magazine to try. It didn’t help.
I just sent it back again!
I own quite a few Rugers, never had a problem with one until now. I have to say that their customer service is as good or better than any other manufacturer I’ve dealt with but I have to admit this is frustrating. I’m back to my FN pistol which is fine but I liked the Ruger better.

2 Likes