M*CARBO Brotherhood

The new Glock 44

I just Pre ordered mine. Is any one else excited for it. Here in Canada it is restricted, so range only but .22’s are plentiful and cheep so why not. I also ordered 8 mags so Ill have 10 total. I hope it runs better than my sig misquito, That thing is a P.O.S.

8 Likes

Polished the Ramp on Mine’ and use cooper and not lead Bullets and Hornady case lube worked for me.

4 Likes

@Rob2

I have been running my G17 since 2012. After all of my ‘medical challenges,’ I had installed a Strike Industries compensator and ran lighter recoil springs. It doesn’t have the ‘compatible weight’ of a G44, by any means but I am sure that it would be just as comfortable? I look forward to firing one for my own. I have a Ruger SR22 that I purchased at the same time and use that as a deep concealed… Keep ‘us’ informed and happy shooting, brother! :+1:

3 Likes

Maybe someone can help me think this out why can they get 15 rounds of 9mm into the g19 but only 10 rounds of 22lr into the new g44 they are basically the same frame and all. It doesn’t make sense to me

5 Likes

@Whitehammer

I am sure that Glock could easily have made their G44 into a 15 round pistol. Being an ‘introductory model/design’ I believe it was an ATF ‘ruling.’ I am sure ALL the third-party manufacturers will take care of your ‘hunger’ for more firepower!!!

2 Likes

up here in Canada, it doesnt really matter for us. we can only have 10 in the mag (handgun) anyway. But Im sure they will have lots more available for you guys down south

3 Likes

10 rds so it will comply with those states and local jurisdictions that restrict mags to no more than 10

3 Likes

I understand that. But I was hoping they would do a standard size mag with its ultimate capacity and one for the commie states

2 Likes

Possibly trying to make it into the Kalifornia market?

2 Likes

My guess would be the initial batch of 44s are made overseas and we get the 10 round mags and no threaded barrel due to import laws.

4 Likes

Chris I didn’t think of it like that. Your probably correct on that.

1 Like

Curious here.

What advantage does the 44 bring over a Glock with an advantage arms slide conversion?

My math tells me the slide conversion runs on the fancy trigger and custom stippling I only have to pay for once. I wonder if the existing mags for the slide conversions will feed the 44.

4 Likes

@Dred if glock hires competent designers, no.

4 Likes

Im just hoping Im as happy with it as I am with my Glock21sf. Im nervous to have bought it with out even have held it but Im hoping Ill fall in love with it. I love shooting .22 and I love Glocks, so What can go wrong lol. I figure a conversion kit costs almost the same why not buy the complete gun

3 Likes

I waited patiently for the BIG announcement, I was very disappointed when the Glock folks revealed that the firearm was only going to have a 10 round capacity and did not come with three magazines. Glock even stated how the G-44 is modeled in full size mirror image like the G-19, so I feel let down and just couldn’t pre-order one. I did however go out and buy the Taurus TX-22 in OD green for under $280.00, it also come in FDE and of course all Black. Let me tell you, this little rascal is a “Hoot to Shoot”, 16+1, 2 mags, a loader and it also comes with an adapter for a suppressor ! I only shot about 100 rounds last week but not even one FTF, FTE or FTL. This is a good deal for your hard earned money, I am telling you straight.

7 Likes

@Dred What are they Using for the 22 TCM Conversion,as far as to Magazines?

1 Like

22Plinkster has a review. He found some issues with the new G44 Gen1. I wonder if anyone else has the same issue? Perhaps 5-600 more rounds would fix it?
Sorry guys…If I were interested I would wait for the Gen2 version. Sounds like the high cost is for extra size/weight.
I waited to Gen4 on my Glock 26 and I love it!

3 Likes

I JUST saw clip last night,first time on the range,2nd mag,slide drops and the bloody thing fires out of battery WHOA!:unamused::boom::gun:

3 Likes

From everything I’ve seen on this Glock, I’ll think I’ll pass on it.

4 Likes

I dont get how you can mess up a 22LR conversion of an existing design this badly. Especially when there’s been functional aftermarket 22lr conversion kits for decades.

6 Likes