M*CARBO Brotherhood

The best worst advice you had to ignore

Is there something a fellow gun owner/gun expert/enthusiast said that was probably not only wrong, but so wrong that you felt you had to avoid contact with them for a while?

Example: “Show dem mu****as dat and they goin to change lanes quick”.

I overheard this said at the gun shop in town. Needless to say, I don’t believe they were allowed to buy the gun because they were asked to leave. They must’ve been 18-21, tops.

Anyone have any other gems? The dumber, the better.

11 Likes

About the only thing I had said to me was “what the heck do you need that assault rifle for? You don’t need a clip that big to hunt a deer, all you need is a bolt action!” He proclaimed to be a “expert marksman”, crooked hat, overly tight pants, and a shirt that was a weeeeeeeeee bit to small.

It was one of those days for me, and I actually laughed hard at the dude. Don’t know why I laughed but it was funny at that moment. He was picking up a .338 lapua bolt gun I think. I usually just try to strike up conversations about what they are picking up/purchasing etc.

12 Likes

That is asinine. Lol. That’s basically saying “The heck you need more than one round to kill anything…” quote. Classic.

9 Likes

A fellow was talking to the wife and the subject of cleaning came up. She told him my husband takes care of that for me. He stated cleaning was a waste of time, no firearm needs to be cleaned more than once a year, shooting it cleans the bore.

12 Likes

My typical answer to any spudhead question about why I do this, need that, whatever is “because I like baking cookies.” The blank looks are priceless. If they ask what does my answer have to do with their question I reply “ nothing really, but it was the best I could come up with for your question.” More blank looks.

9 Likes

my answer is always…" I will take that under consideration… thank you for sharing".

7 Likes

Or this: The guy at the gun store said “nothing smaller than a 50 Cal. will work”

8 Likes

I turned that “you only need one shot” thing around on my second X, she was bitchin about a carbine i was lookin at ,“why you need that many bullets for hunting why dont you buy a single shot” she was looking at NEF guns.price wise.
I came home with my first Ruger #1 in 300 win mag. :smiling_imp: bout triple the price of the carbine i was looking at. rest of the time we were married, never ever asked me that question again… could explain why shes a EX… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

12 Likes

Go for it… You can’t make it any worse.

Shoot them in the knee. Fire a warning shot.

12 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve always said: “Never argue with idiots…they WILL beat you down with experience”

5 Likes

I always thought it was never argue with stupid people, they take it as a personal challenge…

6 Likes

I thought it was about arguing with my siblings…:rage::boom::boom::boom:

5 Likes

I was allways told you cant fix stupid so dont bother tryin. It amazes me on daily basis how so many supposed highly educated people can be so stupid and ignorant. Just watch the news its full of highly educated people showing pure ignorance.

8 Likes

@HandyDave

I like the quote, " I can fix stupid, but it is going to hurt." That is the method my parents used when I was growing up.

9 Likes

A good tail whoopin is what alot more kids need and adults as well. But these days a good stern talking to will land you in jail. The world is getting more soft and sissyfied everyday and its sad. I didnt like whoopins when i was little but realized as an adult they where indeed for my on good. I still had bump my head several times in life but without the discipline i got as a child it could have been alot harder road.

7 Likes

I hate to always brag about Texas… but, corporal punishment is legal still here. Just don’t leave any bruises and you are good.

5 Likes

I was conceal carrying a few weeks ago, when reaching for an item at the store that was on an upper shelf my jacket lifted up and my holster was visible. I heard a gasp and looked at the lady next to me who made the noise. She said “oh my god you gun offends me”. I asked her in my most polite and shocked sounding voice “oh dear, what did it say to you?” She said that just seeing it offended her. I proceeded to look her right in the eye and told her “your face offends me but I am polite enough to keep my comments to myself”. She huffed and stormed off. An older lady the next isle over came around the corner laughing and said to me that she needed that laugh and it was the funniest grocery store interaction she ever heard. She told me my sarcasm and delivery were on level with a professional actor.

11 Likes

@HandyDave
True that brother. True that.
I may have taken a ass whopping I did not deserve as an adult, but not once as a child.
I know what the metal end of a fly swatter feels like and I deserved it. Just to bad more adults were not raised the same.
Does not mean I am going to let them talk crap mind you. Because in my mind they would not be talking shit if they would have had more metal end of a fly swatter as a kid.

4 Likes

My grandma had a quick backhand even up till last year when she past if you was mouthin off around her you better watch out for the big slap. And my aunt who raised me and who i look after now had a leather loafer type shoe with the little tassels on the tounge and the hard rubber sole that she would get me and my brother with if we was acting dumb it might get our butts or back of head or get throwed across room at us it was come to be known as the dreaded shoe and i earned everything i ever got. I go to walmart or somewhere now and see the way the kids of today run the show and ive had times where i just wanted whip somebody elses kid cause the way they act. When i watch my nieces and nephews they know i aint gonna play there games theyll get that butt popped and put in the corner.

5 Likes