The Best Gun for a Grab & Go Emergency

@Jperr I gotta tell you if you are that worried about a very small chance of something happening I’d sell the gun and move on.You’ve seen a single black one crack?Was anyone injured? It has zero value if it sits locked up because you’re afraid to shoot it.

9 Likes

Great video, thnx, good scenario info

3 Likes

I don’t think I can play this game fairly, at all.
I will already be wearing my EDC Sig P365.
Plus what’s in my Jeep. AR-15 and shotgun.
So I guess what I would grab, my Sub-2000.
Not because it is my favorite or best option.
But because it is there in my laptop backpack.
Of course I would throw my laptop in, as well.

6 Likes

Very close would be 12ga shotgun ammo, too. Especially in my area that’s huge into hunting. In fact, my new “love” these days is my KSG12 shotgun. Ammo versatility is no joke. Birdshot, buckshot, slugs and all sorts of neato boutique rounds, if desired. 15 shells that can be dumped very quickly in a short pump action package is a whole lot of giggity. :+1:

Plus, we all know that just the sound of racking a pump shotgun makes the baddies run away immediately. :rofl:

7 Likes

With that 45 degree rearward angle blast on both sides of that muzzle brake, she’s gonna have hardwood floors for life!

6 Likes

Nothing wrong with long pig. :grinning:

Hurricanes are a sticky wicket, too. BTDT far too many times stationed/living in FL. I always had to bug out because I didn’t have a choice. We had to fly the aircraft out. Couldn’t even bring a properly kitted bug out bag if I wanted to.

Now, all I have to worry about here in Utah is that massive caldera underground super volcano thingy at Yellowstone. But, if that blows, nothing else will really matter since we’re in the “extreme blast zone” ring. 10+ft of smoking hot ashes and toxic gas. It could also be a global extinction level event. Yay…

10 Likes

I was just watching a speacial on discovery last week about the Yellowstone mega volcano. If a quarter of what them scientists was saying is true its gonna be a bad day if and when she blows. The map they showed looked like best chance of survival would be florida Louisiana way way down east. And then everything would be so toxic from the fall out it would still just be matter of time before everything died.

9 Likes

Always on me is my Springfield Hellcat w/RDS. Always with me in my BOB is an S2K 9MM with RDS and a Glock 17 w/light/laser combo. Between the 3 of these i have nearly 300 rounds loaded in mags. If I had to bug out I’d probably grab my AR’S that have NV optics and my AR-10 with thermal. If I’m gonna be on the run, i’ll be running at night. Most thugs just don’t have the ability to see at night.

9 Likes

If you believe the “experts” it’s somewhere near 200k years past due to go boom. Maybe Old Faithful is the pressure relief valve. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

And, all that ash/smoke getting into the upper atmosphere to go everywhere and potentially block out the sun for the entire planet. That ol’ nuclear winter thing, only this time it sure wouldn’t be caused by humans so Greta can stick her “man made climate change” where the sun don’t shine.

6 Likes

Could be. All that geothermal energy has to go somewhere. I guess a lot of it vents out through the other minor geysers, hot springs, etc.

6 Likes

The best one is the one you feel comfortable with. I had to work on the evening of Y2K - I didn’t expect anything to happen, but I figured we might see some people trying to fulfill the prophecy. My choice for looters is my Marlin 1894 in .357Mag. It’s one of the most comfortable and pointable things I own. The full buckhorn sights act like a peep, while giving me two other aiming points (bottomed out in the notch, and raised to between the points). Of course it handles .38s and .357s. With my loads of lead 180TC over 231, I can put them all on a post-it note, off-hand, and 25 yds nearly as fast as I can work it. We have a full size steel man at 225 yards, and no sweat. Yeah, it’s slow to reload. It holds 11 .38s or 10 .357s. If you let me have 2, my S&W 19-3 with the 2.5" barrel will tuck in anywhere, and be on my body.

8 Likes

I too prefer dual caliber firearms & those with conversion barrels to have around the house.

4 Likes

@DirtSalior :+1: 22 TCM &9mm Barrel &Of course My M*Carbo Sub 2000

2 Likes

6 Likes

AK-V, all day and twice on Wednesday.

10 Likes

@Dred Thanks It’s been awhile since I have been able to see a Nice Fire Ball & Hear thru out the indoor range WT* is that :scream:

4 Likes

Anything that started with the words… “belt feed”.

10 Likes

You can’t bug out easily if you have family in tow. One solitary individual who has had survival training and has the strength and agility to keep moving and survive eating berries and roots, sleeping outside, etc. can make it for a while. A short while. You can only carry so much ammo and food.

Best to stay put and fight to the end. In that scenario, I’d want…

• Plenty of ammo (obviously) for the following:
  • A decent bolt action rifle and scope
  • A semi auto pistol with extended nags
  • A PCC that takes the same mags as the pistol
  • An AK
3 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3 Likes