The Best Gun for a Grab & Go Emergency

Does it strictly have to be a gun?

13 Likes

Is there a bi-pod available for this?

7 Likes

For what? The truck? :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Under the conditions of the exercise, I would also be grabbing a M4. Because - It’s ready to go. Adjustable sling for hands free. EO tech for my eyes that no longer want to see irons and a target at the same time. And, prepositioned ammo.

Ready to go. Just like all of you… right?.

Good mental work through Mr. Funk! You got me though. My money was on you picking the the AR rifle. Like you, I would fudge the rules and also have my P01 and extra mags for back up.

6 Likes

Yes, the truck, LOL!!

5 Likes

HAHAHA, classic. Well done!

5 Likes

Chances are my FN 509T with optics and 2 17 round mags will already be on my person so I’ll grab my PSA 7.5 inch .300 Blackout with Romeo5 red dot, Vortex 3x magnifier and RA 3.5lb drop-in trigger - my very first build - and a vest containing extra 30 rounds mags for the .300 and a couple of 21 rounds mags for the FN. Hopefully this event waits until my can for the .300 comes in.

But, if I absolutely only get to grab one it’s the .300 with 4-6 extra mags all day long.

I’ll hate leaving my really good guns at home though.

5 Likes

Trailer … just sayin…

5 Likes

I practice with contacts in, with my glasses on I have to position my eyes just so to even see the front sight much less focus on it. Hopefully if I ever need the handgun skills I practice at I can say “can you hold on one sec while I put in my contacts”?

So yeah, almost any smaller AR platform with quality optics works better for me.

6 Likes

Interesting responses. We all have a similar thought.
I always had several plans to use at my discretion when I was in my youth. Not just weapons but locations. Even up to just a few years back.

But now, those locations are sold off and with age comes physical limitations.
We are dug in will stay and last as long as possible .
I will do my very best to avoid being taking down.

I’ve have already bought our little shoe boxes to be put in the drawer. :wink:

To answer the OP question it was and still is one of my AR’s, a 9mm full size Beretta and of course loaded vest. Steel or soft. Depends on how much running. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Larry

11 Likes

I was 100% with you until that last part that read (to me) like a needle screeching off an old LP record. RrrrrrrppP! What was wrong with your S2K? Was it a Gen 2? Mine was completely reliable out of the box and made even better after filling it up with MCARBO guts. Still 100% and much smoother. I’d completely trust mine and I’m over 3000 rounds without a single stoppage.

8 Likes

@Wedge Same for me.Thats why I just upgraded to M Series. The Sub is the most fun firearm I own & 100% reliable, even my old one bone stock.

8 Likes

@Wedge

Absolutely nothing has happened to mine. It’s a Mcarbonized Glock 19 version. And in fact it has never had a single malfunction of any kind. So I SHOULD love it, right?

Problem is I’ve seen WAY to many videos or stories of the damn things blowing themselves in half. So many, in fact, that I don’t even want to shoot mine now. I would sell it, but I’ll never get what I paid for it. So I’ll keep it for now. Yes, all guns malfunction, some spectacularly so. But with the Sub it just seems to happen too much to trust the damn thing.

3 Likes

Oh, please… Stop spreading that rumor. They don’t “blow” apart. There’s no chamber failure or KABOOM of any sort. They just crack at the joint and, at most, fall into two pieces. Nobody gets injured or anything. And, it always happens in the other color polymers, so if yours is basic black, there’s really nothing to worry about. I’ve never heard of one cracking like that in black. Besides, Kel-Tec would fix it for free anyway if you’re the original owner.

And, to add… When they fail like that it’s usually very early. I remember one that cracked in less than 10 rounds. If you have thousands of rounds through yours with no cracking, like I do mine, it’s fine. :+1:

6 Likes

@Wedge

I used to think it was just the colored polymers too. But I HAVE come across a video of a black on cracking. Either way, if I only had one choice, that one stays in the safe.

4 Likes

I get it. I’d trust my life with mine and it always goes with me on road trips folded in the padded laptop section of a backpack along with my CCW pistol on the belt. A good running Gen 2 S2K with 33rds on tap in a G18 mag is some goodness right there. LOL

That said, I do wish Kel-Tec or MCARBO (cough, cough) would offer all metal frame halves. I’d pay good money for those. And, buying them would be super simple. No FFL involvement because the serialized part is the recoil tube.

4 Likes

@Wedge

Metal frame halves would greatly improve the trust aspect. Pretty sure that ship has sailed tho.

5 Likes

Yeah, they have to sell, especially for MCARBO, to keep making them. I just got a KSG12 shotgun and really wanted the metal MCARBO mag tube selector switch upgrade, but they don’t make it anymore and don’t have any left over because they didn’t sell enough of them to be worthwhile to stay tooled up and continue making them. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Have you seen these by Hi-Tech?
Hi-Tech’s KSG Extended Tube Position Arm (with Upgraded Shoulder Screw) by Hi-Tech Custom https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q6QOE0E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QZC3GY0T2XEGJ72CSCC1

5 Likes

No, I haven’t so thanks for that! :+1:

4 Likes