M*CARBO Brotherhood

The Best Gun for a Grab & Go Emergency

Here’s a fun idea to ponder. Let me know what you would choose.

Howard

18 Likes

Awesome video and thought exercise. This is something I’ve put thought into before. I have pretty much the same thought process when it comes to the elimination of some entire classes.
My out the door would actually be my AR9 pistol (5.5”) w/ 33 rd mags. I cycle around 2 loaded with 90 grain +p+ Underwood Extreme Defenders to crew through light barriers. His a Primary Arms red dot, barricade rest/hand stop (for now) and a flash can/sound forwarder. Green laser/flashlight is next.
The extra thought I had was in a mass casualty event, I’m most likely to “acquire” 9mm ammo in the areas I would need to get to.
Good fire rate, decent range for the “setting” I’d be headed to, flash can and forwarder for cqb and some of my high quality ammo would make it my best fit for the needs. She’s gotten a little more “blue since this pic…

Good vid and breakdown of your @hrfunk :+1:t2:

13 Likes

I agree that 9mm ammo would probably be the easiest to “aquire”. I would probably choose my Glock 19 then as it is the most reliable. I would really rather have a carbine, and that is why I got the S2K. Especially because of the compatibility with said Glock. But after realizing the S2K is junk, I would leave it in the safe and just grab the pistol. S2K is not a gun I’m trusting my or my families lives with.

9 Likes

I would prefer any weapon but with a combined approach for firing

and they are both wearing sports gear so definitely for grab n run

8 Likes

I’ve decided I’m not going anywhere unless I’m faced with raging forest fire. Even then I’ll be running the hoses as much as possible. I’ve somewhat prepped for most anything and my firearms, ammo, food, water, generator, etc., is all here. I’ll defend my home as long as I’m able but I’m too old and broke down to try to load up the truck and run…

With that said, you can hand me that M14. I’ll be the one on the porch with it and a big grin on my face!

15 Likes

I’m cheating. My G26 with a spare mag will already be on my person, so the grab and go will be to grab my emergency backpack, wich contains 64oz water, enough emergency rations to sustain me for 72 hours, first aid supplies, fire starting supplies, and an upgraded sub2k with several loaded magazines…

If for some reason the G26 is not on my person, it’s in the pack.

7 Likes

Im with snuffy smith im gonna stay put and use everything i can for as long as i can. Now if everything is gone and there is a chance of further sustaining myself by venturing out and it would be strictly scavenge missions to replenish the home. i would have my revolver on my hip like everyday and id have carbine of some sorts with hi cap mags and plenty of them.

11 Likes

I’m staying home. But if (serious if I had to leave) would be my ar in 5.56 and glock 34. Reality is I have to much invested here at home. I’m going to fight the best I can with what I have. Lots of desert between where I’m at and where I would want to be. It’s crappy, but I either die at home or in the desert. Sure there is mountains here, but they are thrashed of resources and about a million of people would think that too.

Most of my plans have been made around bugging in.

13 Likes

Agree. Because where would you go? The 16 year olds that work at the gas stations won’t be at work. The roads and highways will be littered with gangs to take all your stuff. Cash, credit, and ATM cards will mean nothing. You may get lucky for a few hours but then you will be stuck in a situation controlled completely by others. It may even me and a few close friends of mine. Everything that was yours is now ours.

I have more than enough firearms and ammo at my place to go out in a blaze of glory. That, and a few propane tanks… lots of flour… and a few flares. (Insert large booms).

12 Likes

The cities & the Burbs will be a funnel just like over passes & bridges. Not the place you really want to be, people will be lined up waiting to get robbed or worse. Large cities will be a free fire zone. I’ll stick to an AR & a Glock because I’m staying home where I know the area & people. Just incase I run into a deer wearing soft armor I want something that will still provide meat.

11 Likes

But to answer Howard’s original question… my AR-15 and as many loaded magazines as possible.

And… this lamp…that’s all I need.

DarlingIncompatibleBeagle-size_restricted

11 Likes

No way I’d head out with just one.Probably my AR, & Glock 17 on belt, G43x on ankle & Sub 2k in a backpack.

7 Likes

I live in a fairly small town surrounded by like minded people, so I’ll be staying put and helping to defend the town. But, if I did have to take off I would have my .308, Sub2K and .45 on my hip.

Oh, I would have my wife too. She’s probably the best weapon I could have. People DO NOT want be anywhere near her when she’s pissed. She would be ruthless. :joy:

15 Likes

Not going anywhere either. Aluminum interlocking accordion shutters on all windows that close and lock from the inside, metal front and rear doors in metal frames that open outward and concrete block walls should deter most. Once people realize we’re not a soft target I think they’ll move on. If not they will have to choose how many want to die to get what little of our stuff that will be left should any manage to get in.

12 Likes

Thanks for all the great responses, and thanks for watching everyone!

Howard

16 Likes

I’ll stay right here. I’m setup good so why leave. Too old and cripple to run.

10 Likes

We learned in Vietnam that the number one resupply source is “battlefield pickup.” Since the 5.56 is still the most popular rifle in the country, it’s logical to assume that one would want to have an easily supplied/repaired weapon. We also learned to quickly strip the functionality, not just the ammunition and magazines. If you ever have to leave a functioning weapon behind, by all means pull the BCG and charging handle and carry it with you for a couple of hundred yards, then heave the parts in different directions as far as you can. Bottom line, my gas operated DI gun goes - even though I might tear up leaving my piston driven units behind. War is about thinking! Read the OP, there was no option for digging in. How many of us would really do that and subject our children and wives to what we know is coming. If you can’t bring yourself to believe man is ruthless, just watch the Taliban for the next couple of weeks.

12 Likes

Welcome to the party @Headhunter35
I was torn between my 5.56 and 9mm myself but opted for the 9mm for the same reason you stated. “Battlefield resupply”.
Hope it never comes to it, but I got plenty of rivers and creeks around. If I can’t shoot it, no one will!

Stick around and tell us more about yourself through your various posts. Here’s our intro page…

5 Likes

I stuck with 9mm as my go to guns. Of course im in the city, and as Battlefield pickup reasoning goes, its the most likely caliber i will run across.

1st choice, Glock 19 gen 3 for same reason as above. 2nd would be 9mm sub2k to reach out a little further

5 Likes

9 Likes