M*CARBO Brotherhood

That darn glock hump

GLOCK GRIP.TOO PLUG,OR NOT TO PLUG…i want to fill the lower portion of the back strap in with a foam backer,epoxy then JB Weld in order to grind the camel hump down and contour it.not familiar with the plug and Havnt found any decent relevant decent pics.looks like I’m gonna come up way short on back strap to fix the “hump” without it. I hate it! It’s driving me nuttso! Give me a 1911 with a gold arched mainspring housing and I will trade it for a flat steel one any day! I’m cutting out a foam template of my G19(hard it’s gen4!)so I can get a good idea of how much I want to take off where,then transfer that to 1/4" plywood,REVERSE it to a gauge to check grinding progress AND THEN,hope I don’t ruin my frame…does talon sell sheet sections of they’r grip material??

3 Likes

Yes they do! Both textures and I think colors also!

3 Likes

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/849614250

Pick up a demilled frame or 2 to practice on, this link sold just using it as an example

5 Likes

Sweeet. Talons where my first choice till I saw the *Carbos. POINT to our imperious leader, heze a hella charismatic kinda guy,the gen 4/5 vid hooked me and yada yada I bought the grips.glad I did

2 Likes

Right on! Thanx bro,good idea.have too take ANOTHER peek,but that wassacally WABBIT trigger guard is next. I will call glock,but I’m guessing that the annoying little stoopid 2nd flaw they are in deeeenile of is consistent in radius on the 3 basic frames?

2 Likes

If its gen 3 just go with 80 poly frame. Exactly the way glock frames should be.made.

Or sell yours and just pick up build kits. Now they are almost cheaper than.new glock

Just an example:

https://www.rockeybrass.com/Polymer80-Glock-19-PF940C-Complete-Kit_p_5863.html

1 Like

@Lurch Maybe this will help?

1 Like

It’s gen 4.not real anxious to take a beating on selling it yet,only had since August and it’s now becoming a Freakin quest to be able to shoot it like I know it shoots.it duznt quite fit my wrist angle so losing the hump is my last resort.as I mentioned elsewhere,I Can’t stand an arched mainspring housing on a 1911.shatterd pinky knuckle/hand bone about 30 years ago problly ain’t help my grip issue…

Ding ding…that’s a great idea…Price?

2 Likes

2nd link is 439.00. If you shop around you might find it at a better price. For a glock 19 you save on FFL fee.

2 Likes

It all depends how fancy you want to get and what time of the year you’re buying your parts (you can save a decent amount if you buy during one of the traditional sales holidays), anywhere from the low 400s to a couple K. I think my black longslide 19 was 6ish and the white one was probably a bit over 1200

1 Like

I was wondering if I could get the Lone Wolf frame only for a Glock26 gen4? I would like to give it a try.

1 Like

most of the aftermarket glock frames are designed for 3rd gen parts

1 Like

I wai was thinking more like filing the inside of the hump with in JBweld the grinding it down where it fit good then covering it with something.M*CARBO duznt make anything for a GLOCK in the back strap area AND TRUST ME I HAVE BEEN DOWN THIS ROAD!-I WILL EAT GLASS BEFORE I BE SPOKEN TO BY PATRICK AGAIN!!! :angry:

Heyyyyy…somehow I overlooked this video.i will definitely check it out at the first opportunity when my phone isn’t buffering every 30 seconds! :angry:

I called Lone Wolf and asked about it. They said no plans currently to make a frame for G26 Gen4.

I’m ok with mine…just wondered what it would be like?

2 Likes

In the words of Igor in young Frankenstein, What hump?

5 Likes

The anomaly that would be referred to as an “ARCHED” mainspring housing on a 1911…

1 Like

I watched the video. The outside of the well wall is marked on the frame with tape. This gives a cut guide to hacksaw the hump off and avoid cutting the well wall.
The hump angle is reduced by hand sanding the cutoff hump and fitted back to the frame so you retain the Glock grip texture minus the hump. Then it is JB welded back on only at the joint, then hand sanded.
The job could have been done in a vice and the frame and new back strap could have been taped to avoid epoxy where it isn’t needed. There is still a smaller cavity that doesn’t need to be filled.

I haven’t reviewed any other videos on the process, but I think this one is good enough to give it a go.

Glock should just make a back strap part to eliminate the hump…which might help larger hands get a better overall grip feel. Bet they would sell a ton of them.

I’ll probably undercut the trigger guard on mine soon for mod #1.

3 Likes

Better yet why doesn’t glock just start out at a “zero” hump like a flat main spring housing on a 1911? THEN the back straps they include would make sense! I took the medium beaver tail and cut the back strap off.might try it again without Humpty dumpty.apreicieate the heads up on the vid!

1 Like