M*CARBO Brotherhood

Teddy Roosevelt's Big Medicine Rifle

Here’s a fun one to enjoy while you’re “social distancing.”

Howard

8 Likes

That thing is beast. How would you compare the recoil to a 12 gauge?
Tom

3 Likes

Subjectively, I’d say multiply a 12 gauge slug by about 1.5, and you’re in the ball park. It definitely gets your attention!

Howard

5 Likes

Good to know you could use it for gardening or landscaping in the event you forgot your shovel… :grinning:

2 Likes

Yep. And if you missed your lion, you might be able to hide in the trench it digs (if your fast!)

Howard

3 Likes

Thanks I am not super recoil sensitive but I think I will avoid shooting one of those. :wink:
Tom

3 Likes

Interesting rifle and bit of history about the rifle & TR.

I recall helping my friend get his Winchester Model 70 ( I think ) in 338 Winchester sighted in several years ago. He was going to Canada on a moose hunt. Between the two of us taking turns we finally got it sighted in and that was enough for me. Then due to short memory loss, I bought a CZ 550 Ultimate Hunting Rifle in 300 Win Mag. I shot a box of 20 rounds to get it sighted in and becoming accustom to rifle and the next day my body stated very clearly . . . you do not need a 300 Win Mag. Anything you will ever hunt in North American can be done with your 30-06 . . . We (me, myself, & I) took a quick vote and agreed the 30-06 is more than adequate to handle the job. :laughing: :grin: :grinning:

1 Like

Ha, ha! The 300 Maggie seems a little tame compared to this one. Bully!

Howard

1 Like

Rebuilt one a while back, manufacture date 1929. Started out a little tarnished and absolutely no wood. Dad did the wood and I finished it. Added the Providence sight and it’s a shooter. Punishes on both ends, that’s for sure.
Very accurate, SDs in the single digits, 300 gr pill a little over 2000 fps

405 next to a 45-70

5 Likes