M*CARBO Brotherhood

Taurus TX22 - Who's got one?

I have become intrigued with them. Liking the 16 round mags, side ejection, threaded barrel and general reviews of the pistol. Anyone have one? Can you give me the straight poop on it?
Thanks!

10 Likes

accurate, eat anydamn ammo ya feed em, and a lot easier to break down and clean than my MK1 and MkII Ruger. PSA had em on sale and with the mail in coupon works out to $209 and change. Like the grip size, fits my hand dont like the manual safety, needs a bump on it, almost like the slide release on my Makarovs. and the trigger. its a lil heeavy on the third stage. Lil over 5 lbs on my gauge.
it does have a trigger safety but its not that damnable middle of the trigger one. thats a big thumbs up for me. plus no issue with firing it suppressed. buy a couple of magazines spare, at least 6, cause out the box not a single cyclic problem/. not even with some 30 year old thunderbolt ammo… :smiling_imp: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

12 Likes

I rented one at the range and loved it. However, after doing some research, it seems that they are having some barrel issues. I’ve decided to wait for Taurus to work out the barrel issues before I buy one.

6 Likes

Yeah, but those Rugers are pretty cool pistols. :wink:

8 Likes

@chilipepper that they are but i swear the tear down on em was created by a sado-masochist into giving and receiving pain…

11 Likes

You aren’t alone in that. I shot a Mk IV (edit: III or older, my bad) at the beginning of my HQL training and it was a sweet shooter but my instructor noted that it took quite a bit of time to tear down and clean (something he’d done the night before). It did malfunction a few times but I was using mixed bag .22lr ammo out a .50cal can, so that could have been a factor. All that said, I liked it enough to consider getting one for myself at some point.

10 Likes

A MK IV? Mine’s about as easy to clean as you could want. Rack it, put it on Safe, push the button on the back, and take it down. Action Blaster on the bolt and tube and wipe them with a rag, a couple Q-tips to clean the bolt face, feed ramp and chamber face nooks and crannies, CLP on a bore snake, NO OIL, just a little graphite on the bolt for “lube”, and put it all back together. Usually takes about 5 minutes.

Since this is a straight blowback gun, it’s going to run “dirty” and oil will just attract and hold that crud. I’ve found graphite works great, but YMMV - if you don’t put 500 rounds through it between cleanings, then CLP is probably OK

13 Likes

Sorry, my mistake, the IV is the latest iteration and I believe I read somewhere they improved the takdown/field strip functionality. Must have been a II or III with the button safety. I believe it was a target model, I liked it even though I had some issues stuffing my sausage finger in the trigger guard. It had nice weight and a feeling of quality, was spot on accurate as well.

12 Likes

It certainly does that. Nice solid feel and drives nails at 15 yards (I’m too shaky to hit that well much farther out LOL).

11 Likes

Just ordered one a few days ago. Hopefully it gets shipped out soon.
I’ve been wanting one for quite awhile, finally pulled the trigger.

You know, it just occurred to me that at nearly 49 years old,
And probably owning dozens of 22LR rifles in my life,
And pistols of various calibers, this will be my very first 22LR pistol.

I’ve shot and handled countless 22LR pistols belonging to others.
Some I’ve used extensively. But never bought one.

10 Likes

I have two of them!
Great little pistol. I’ve had no issues with them and they seem to run any bulk ammo although I generally run subsonic Ammo with a suppressor.
This is the new one:image

11 Likes

Thanks All for the replies. A LGS has them on sale with the bronze slide for $249. Pretty sure I’m making the trip over there after work tonight.

Goblin, what is this mail in coupon you speak of? Where can I find one?

I will be doing a barrel inspection before purchasing, elguapo. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Got my wife one for Christmas. I personally love it. Fits my hand nice, very lightweight. I’m going to get one for myself.

9 Likes

I just checked online again and LGS now shows the standard black model TX22 for $230. (did not show any stock yesterday) If the barrel is GTG, I’ll have one tonight.

I have noticed that the grip looks a lot like my Walther PPX9’s. Should feel nice in the hand if it’s like the PPX.

5 Likes

I have one with at least a thousand round thru it. It is very accurate and has not had a single jam or ftf. Dont hesitate to buy one. I rented a a glock 44 and was disappointed. It jammed a few times and had 3 ftf. The TX22 is hands down twice the gun that the glock is and almost 1/2 the price.

7 Likes

@elguapo99 @RCBS when you buy it from PSA right now theres a 50$ mail in coupon/rebate from the manufacturer in the box… mine worked out to 209$ and change.
they worked out the barrel issues…

just check your barrel before you buy…
7 Likes

The ones they had in stock had the barrel chatter issue. I’ll try again later.

5 Likes

My TX22 has close to 800rds thru it not cleaned once. I shoot suppressed and unsuppressed and with the exception of Winchester 22 HP’s it eats everything! Easy to take apart, buy with confidence.

6 Likes

@Ressor130 Welcome to the Brothehood.

2 Likes

Well, Sons of Liberty got a little confused, I guess.
They informed me today that my order had shipped.
But it is the wrong gun. TH9 instead of Tx22. Lol.
They asked if I wanted them to re-send or refund.
I chose refund. I’ll order one later from elsewhere.

5 Likes