M*CARBO Brotherhood

Tales From The Gun Range

@jeffing65 what does it take to pick up after them selves ,we have same trouble over here some of our woods look beautaful from a distance until your in them the stuff people dump and most of it can be dumped for free at recycling centers,and when you do report it the councils or forestery

5 Likes

my 597 is great since i installed the mcarbo trigger kit this i pic of 8 shots i took yesterday

from 25 yards

9 Likes

@Don68
@DivaMarie
@hunter1916 You know unfortunately, in addition to the general dumped trash, a huge amount of added debris in this particular area is exclusively from shooters. It transcends being called “outrageous behavior”, and just really chaps my “blanking” backside beyond words.

6 Likes

@hunter1916 Can we say Dead’ Dead’ Dead’ :rofl: If my Old eyes are not playing Tricks I’m seening some doubles in the Same hole! :grinning:

6 Likes

Good shooting! Squirrels beware.

6 Likes

@jeffing65 You and I both know’ The after affect of the Ugly American,When your prize hunting Pup Cuts his pad to bone and ''What a Royal Pain in the A** ‘’ for weeks trying to get him to leave the Bandage on!:rage: And get it to heal. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

you can certainly say that youhave 20/20 vision:smiley: @DivaMarie

5 Likes

@hunter1916 Well hell you could drive a Semi Truck thru a couple of them! Outstanding!:+1:

6 Likes

@DivaMarie thank you tony

6 Likes

@hunter1916 No Problem’ I Just call Em’ the way’s I See’s Em:grinning:’

6 Likes

Oh my god!!! You hit that dead on the head. And it can be worse than that. When Bernie, the bigger Shorthair, was about 3 or 4 we were emptying some burning barrels at my grandparents house. Someone had thrown a broken beer bottle in the barrel and the bottom of the bottle had fallen on the ground when we were dumping them in the truck. My mom saw it, but before she could get over and pick it up, Bernie came running around the back of the truck and stepped on it with his right front paw. It cut the tendons in the center of the paw that keep the toes curled down so his toes and foot flattened against the ground after that. Although it happened at home, it showed how easy and quick it could happen.
And my mom never forgave herself.

6 Likes

And Next Sport’s Fans ! we have the Tales of Onyx & Fido running the tracks in Ketchum’ and the Porcupine Adventures X 3 (should have Shot them):rage:

5 Likes

Only real interesting thing that I experienced was at a local outdoor range, I set up my targets 50m out straight infront of my bench, couple of roudy kids come up and rush to set up their targets. Once range went hot, I noticed my target and stand get obliterated. I mean like completely destroyed. I’m like wth, after range goes cold, I walk out to my target and run into those kids. Then they start yelling at me for setting my target in their lane. At my poor remains of my pvc target stand I ask them to turn around and look to see who’s bench it was infront of. “Oh ship” is what they said, looking back at the bench they were set up to my right, and they set their target to my left. So they thought it was funny to destroy my target. They knew what they did, they apologised and that was the end of my day.

What I got was about 300 rounds of once fired 556 lc headstamped brass the kids were shooting, and landed perfectly into my pistol hard case, they thought showering me with brass was funny lol, and it taught them to double check where they set up their targets.

9 Likes

@CatFood should have gave them a right kick in the arse kids have no shame

8 Likes

@hunter1916 yes probably should have, but it would probably end up like the shoot out at the O.K. Corral.

7 Likes

@CatFood odds are you would have won , experaince my friend

6 Likes

@CatFood thats why you always have a hand full of rocksalt rounds for the firearm your carrying. back in the stone age, when I was a youngster, rocksalt was considered a training aid for boys, you catch em jumping your fence, to steal a melon or visit your daughter, you lit their butt up with rocksalt. got knocked off more than a few fences and out of one window myself.
they were 2 trains of thought on this. #1 sit in a bathtub full of cool water, it burns like hell dissolving, and lasts for about 3 hrs, or #2 sit in a bathtub of hot water It burns 4 times as bad, but only lasts for about a hr.
old man Hampton, God rest him, used to let us think we got away with grabbing a melon, out of his field,( nothing better than a fresh stolen watermelon, cooled in a crick) his last fence, was about 75 yards from his back porch behind and the last fence was 6’ with a string of 4 strand on top, his melon patch, was prime.
he would wait till we were straddling that bob-wire, then flip our butt up and over with a double load of rock salt. out of a old mule ear, LC Smith he had. He usually hit the first and last boy, one in the middle dodged it if you were quick enough and beat the old mans reload
both sides considered it a battle of wits, us boys of course thought we were smarter and quicker, The old man proved us wrong 99% of the time.

miss that old man. when i enlisted at 17 he picked me up in his truck, took me to the VFW in Ashville, and bought me my first double shot of taxed and bonded whisky.

10 Likes

Not to downplay the others, but that may be the best memory I’ve heard told on this Forum.

7 Likes

@GOBLIN Outstanding Tale! of American Youth and the good old days’ :+1: @JoeFridaySays I’m Thinking the Barnes and Noble Award for best Short story in 2019!

7 Likes

@GOBLIN that’s a awesome story thanks for that. Rock salt, got it, maybe I’ll try to jam some into a 5.56 lol. Probably overkill, but there is no kill like overkill.

5 Likes