M*CARBO Brotherhood

Tactical Notch rear - front sight re-adjustment

@AviTek

Yup, I think I have $$$ into mine as much as I paid for it but I feel it is probably twice the gun now. Remember you are also paying for or putting money into a gun that has a unique folding ability.

6 Likes

If you watch the Mcarbo rear sight installation video, at 2:14 he explains that you do not use the notch sight like you would a pistol sight with the top of the front sight even with the top of the rear sight. The tip of the front sight needs to be centered in the rear sight opening, just like with a conventional peep sight.

7 Likes

Thanks ya’ll for the info. I ordered a taller FSP from Midway. I’ll post here when I’ve had a chance to install it and, of course, try it on the range.

Peter Keim

3 Likes

I had the same trouble on my 40 s&w SUB 2000 and had to install a taller sight post.
This is the part that I installed from KNS Precision Inc: https://www.knsprecisioninc.com/product/square-072-front-sight-040-taller/

It adds .072" to the factory sight post (square). I ended up with a sight picture of a “pumpkin on a post”. Sighted in at 25 yards. This rear sight, to be functional, should come with an extended front post.

1 Like

@k8ctt

I have read about S2K owners that have installed a taller front post but I have a S2K in 40S&W with the Mcarbo rear peep and I don’t have this issue at 25 yards. I do have the Red Lion folding front sight which is the same height as the factory Kel-Tec and a Blitzkrieg Components chevron post. I do remember some talk about two different height Kel-Tec rear peep sights (and photos to back it up) that came on S2K’s which Kel-Tec denied.

1 Like

Peep sights are lower in height … the problem is with the notch.

1 Like

@k8ctt Ok, gotcha…did you read what @JN01 had to say about how or where you look at the front post through the rear notch?

Yes I did, but found that I still needed additional height … too short. With the new front sight post, I found that I could get the proper sight picture. Actually opted for "pumpin on a post’’ sight picture as it gives me a clearer view of the target.

1 Like

@k8ctt Good, glad you got it sorted and are on target…thanks for posting this info. :+1:t2:

9-11
Seems like yesterday. Enjoy the weekend!

2 Likes

Thanks. I ordered one. I agree Mcarbo should include a taller front sight post.

Peter Keim

Thanks for the tip. I bought the KNS sight post. Took the Sub 2k to the range today. The taller sight post did the trick. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ya, I’m a bit disappointed…
You basically pay the 500$ then anothe 1k getting it to work right. Everytime I buy another mcarbo dealy I find out I need another dealy to make the other dealy work right.
The raised rear sight was a fix for me having to bury the tube in my cheek to shoot it. Now I can’t hit anything, cause it doesn’t work with the front site.
Hey MCarbo. Why don’t you tell people if you buy the notch you’ll have to replace the front sight as well.?

Thats an unfair exaggeration, and although i dont disagree with your general premise, and dispair, its just not right to flame the product. Its designed and marketed as a cheap versatile backpack gun. 15 minutes of research would uncover all the known problems, solutions and costs associated. Cost of upgrade may double the cost, but not +$1000.:thinking::face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Ya, I embellished a bit… just super frustrated with it. It would be way worse if the MCarbo guys weren’t around. I should have did more research. Everything I saw before I bought was positive…
My advice to anyone thinking about this rifle… buy it with all the MCarbo upgrades already done. You will be money ahead and enjoy it ALOT more.

4 Likes

@Tlagumina I agree that If you dont enjoy,or have the skills to modify then buying it from Mcarbo already done is best.

3 Likes

I’ve got a rear notch sight ordered from MCARBO for my S2K which should be here in a couple of days. After reading previous comments from those who have replaced the rear sight with a MCARBO notch sight and them saying its also necessary to replace the front sight post thats taller the original sight post. Can someone who’s done this, please advise the procedure to remove and replace the original front sight post. Thanks in advance.

What ever you do , don’t just take out the front sight. There’s a spring in there I can’t figure out how to put back in……
I did order a taller sight pin. It screws right in the old sight pin hole.
All that being said. I don’t even use the stinkin iron/plastic sights. I went with a red dot on a med raised stand and its glorious. No more bruised cheek bone and it keeps you face away from the recoil all together. Way more fun to shoot now.

2 Likes