M*CARBO Brotherhood

Tactical Notch rear - front sight re-adjustment

Went to range to today to adjust front sight for new Notch sight. I raised the front sight almost to its limits, and at 25 yards, the top of the front sight is barely visible at the bottom of the notch (sight picture) to hit target zero. I am afraid to adjust the front sight anymore … it seems loose now. Is this normal?

2 Likes

@k8cttwelcome to the forum rick

1 Like

Thank you!I have several questions about the SUB2000, so I thought that I would give it a try.

2 Likes

What kind of rifle? A loose sight post is NOT usual or a good thing.

3 Likes

SUB 2000 Gen2 40 S&W
Its loose because it has been backed out so far to adjust for Tactical Notch (sits high)

2 Likes

Aftermarket notch sight? I don’t have one so I’m not an expert, but it doesn’t sound like it’s suited to your firearm if you can’t raise the front sight enough to zero it correctly. That front sight post needs to be solid or POI will be all over the place.

2 Likes

It’s Mcarbo notch tactical rear sight. It’s obviously too tall and factory front sight can NOT compensate without changing sight picture drastically

2 Likes

You might want to contact MCARBO and ask them for advice.

1 Like

The advice on this one is: taller front sight post. It’ll take any AR15 front post.

I’ve only shouldered 1 s2k with the notch sight. Owner of that’n had it zero’d with post half way up the notch. It’s the tallest iron sight option available and can take a little stretching on the front post to work.

2 Likes

I called tech support and the verified your information. However, I have an old A-2 front sight and its post height is the same as the Tel Tec.

1 Like

@k8ctt Like @Dred posted.

KNS makes a .040" taller AR type sight. www.knsprecisioninc.com

3 Likes

Thank you sir!
Looking at it now …

1 Like

The KNS sight works fine and provides plenty of room for adjustment. Zeroed my SUB2000 Gen 2 40 S&W at 25 yards with no problem.I definitely like the notch over the factory’s peep sight. Thank you again!

3 Likes

I installed the new rear sight on my Sub-2000. I tried to sight it in at the range. I raised the front sight post as high as it would go and I was still shooting high with a six o’clock hold. I shot at 50 yards and 25 yards. I was using 124 grain 9mm ammo. I can’t raise the front post anymore without it falling out of the front sight. The new sight is not the peep hole version.

5 Likes

Some have success sighting with the post half way up the notch. Taller front sight post is also an option.

8 Likes

It should! Its much taller than the factory sight! You might as well get a taller front sight post!

2 Likes

I had the front sight post as high as it would go. It still shot high. Not sure what I’m doing wrong here. It was zeroed with the original rear sight

4 Likes

They made that notched rear replacement sight higher so you don’t have to get down so tight on the gun! I’m not sure how much difference there is but it would not take much to raise your point of impact! They do make a taller front AR style post that will solve your problem!

1 Like

This is just one option but I’m sure there are alot more out there!https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003367825?pid=427154

2 Likes

I just ordered the MCARBO peep sight, so curious to see how much I have to adjust the FSP to get it zeroed. Next up is getting a co-witnessed red-dot installed. This Sub2k is turning into a money pit lol.

9 Likes