M*CARBO Brotherhood

T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor For Hunting

i bought my 9 yr old a tc compass in 6.5cr last yr , i kill 2 deer with it so i bought me one this yr . i know every one has there own favorite rifle , this gun has really impressed me ,and for the price ,how can you not atleast try it . was just wondering how others feel about the 6.5 cr as a deer rifle .

3 Likes

Tagged for interest. Ive been wanting one in the 6.5 creed. Under $300 when you catch a deal is very hard to beat!

2 Likes

It’ll probably be just over 300 with shipping and ffl but still one helluva deal for a 6.5 creedmoor.

5 Likes

It’s been getting very popular. Low recoil, and flat trajectory. Gun come with scope bases, and a threaded barrel. For the pric they can’t be beat.

3 Likes

Bought one couple weeks ago. Jut installed the MCARBO trigger spring kit and polished the sear with jewelers rouge and buffing wheel. It is smooth and breaks crisp but quite a bit of travel. All in all I really like the rifle. Shoots .5 moa. Have a Boyd’s stock on the way. Hoping it will shoot .25 moa after that. May have to bed the stock.

3 Likes

I bought one on sale at a major store last week for 230.00 including the Brady check. The factory trigger is 5 and 1/2 pounds but breaks crisp and although heavy it is ok. Factory ammo was able to hit the 2 inch gongs every shot at 200 after I zeroed it at 100 yards. As soon as I got home we ordered two of the spring kits from MCarbo and I got mine yesterday. I have been watching the videos in order to make sure we get it right. I own a .260 Remington as well as a 6.5/06 so I am no stranger to the 6.5 and the Creedmore is for all intents and purposes a 260 Remington that goes 50 to 100 seconds slower. In the real world a non issue. But for less then 250 bucks the gun shoots 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards with a heavy trigger and factory ammo. I suspect with the new trigger springs and a good hand load this rifle will do much better. I will add my results to this thread once they have been achieved.

3 Likes

I love the creedmoor as a deer rifle. I have taken many deer and a few hogs with mine.

I built mine back when the round was just coming out on a Mauser 98 action. I had to have a chamber reamer made and wait for hornady to release brass for it and make reloading dies. I’m running a 120gr Barnes TTSX bullet and it shoots .5moa if I do my part.

4 Likes

Just shot mine for first time over the weekend.
It seemed to like Win Deer season ammo better than Superformance. 3/4” at100 with stock trigger. Have the Mcarbo on the way.
Only thing that concerns me it’s the empties just barely make it through the ejection port when ejecting.

2 Likes

@Longnkrnch Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

sportsman outdoor super store has them for $239 any caliber. and academy outdoor has them for $279 and you get a $50 gift card.

3 Likes

sportsman outdoor super store has them for $239 any caliber. and academy outdoor has them for $279 and you get a $50 gift card.

2 Likes