M*CARBO Brotherhood

Surplus Gun Thread

@Synquest Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.

7 Likes

Very nice and welcome to the brotherhood

7 Likes

Here they are. TT-33 is in great condition. Beautiful gun for 1956 production.
CZ82 is not in as good condition, but still very nice. 1989 on this one.

Still need to take em down and clean em. Got some ammo and will test fire this weekend.
I like the feel of both. Not too heavy, for all metal. I’d say a comfortable heft to both.
They feel sturdy. Quality built. Durable. I love those grips on the TT-33.

Speaking of grips, I’m gonna wanna change those on the CZ82 pretty soon.
Probably go with a dark checkered wood with the CZ logo. Rosewood?
I’ll look around until I see some I like. There are plenty of options out there.

6 Likes

@ValorSolo Very nice! Cool to have a new toy… Or two. :+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

Field Stripping:
I like the ease of the CZ to strip and clean. Cock the hammer.
Pull down and out on the trigger guard. Pull the slide back and up.
Just that easy. Goes back on just as easy. Great design.

The Tok is not very difficult to strip either. But the Mak wins that battle.
I think I could strip the TT-33 in under a minute, after a few tries.
But the CZ82 is done in just a few seconds, so fast, so simple.

Loading the Mags:
Speed loaders are needed here. I have the sore thumbs to prove it.
I actually had to use a 9MM loader on the CZ after about 5 rounds.
It was not designed for the CZ and didn’t work great, but it did help.
I honestly don’t think I would have gotten 12 rounds in without it.

The Tok mag had to be disassembled and cleaned before it would load.
Afterwards 6 rounds went in easy enough. The last 2 was a slight struggle.
I think both will lighten up with use and get easier to load. Fingers crossed.
But for right now, the Tok is far easier to stuff bullets into. And 4 less rounds.

I wanted to be shooting right now but it is raining. Maybe tomorrow .

5 Likes

for your CZ at least on my Makarov mags ,theres a stub sticks out on the I think its the right side i always pull down with my thumbnail making it easier. I will get some pics of it soon as i get home today… found this on youtube, does the same as i do except it uses a object, and i use my thumbnail…

6 Likes

Thanks Buck, but unfortunately not the case for the CZ82.
It has a 12 round double stack, much like most modern guns.
No pull tabs or stubs. But plastic loaders are available for it.

5 Likes

your CZ same cal as the TOK 7.62X25?

5 Likes

No sir. 9x18mm Makarov.

5 Likes

@ValorSolo was thinking of getting a 9mm version from zastava.

These just came in and for 199 that’s a damn deal man. I would also argue that some soldiers or police probably used these during the war in Kosovo.

5 Likes

Was looking at these yesterday. I kinda love it. But can’t get one right now.

5 Likes

you get all the Luck. Sent off a message to Fab defense on the 82, as far as a grip, waiting to hear back from em, its close to the double stack Mak,IJ70 18AH
russian_makarov_cz%2082
russian_makarov_ij70_18ah_doub_640
I do like the slide stop a lot better on the CZ, as well as the dovetail,
Excellent firearm. things i usually replace on these old girls, always the firing pin, they get brittle with age, the extractor, and the mainspring. (remember my comment about the TOK breaking one on a surplus primer) I did replace the spring package on my MAK, but it was age abused and in real rough condition.
you start looking for lil upgrades and the like, let me know!

6 Likes

I hadn’t heard of that one. I like it. Did a quick search, but haven’t read up on it yet.

I’ve been looking at grips all weekend. There are some very nice options around.
It may take awhile to decide on one, or I may get a couple pair to swap out.

Definitely want to run it at the range before thinking about replacing the recoil spring.
A new firing pin and extractor would be good investments, make up for an oops kit.
But after I run it. Then I’ll know if I want to spend another dime on it.

4 Likes

IF you have never shot a 9mm MAK before brother, 9X18 MAK is a 380 on steroids in its hardball format, any type CD or +p rounds, its a 9 x19 with a shove feel/ active lil piece in the hand with the stock baklite grips. i shot mine in Houge’s for years, to get that good grip, till i went with the FD rig… the TOK is smoother in the hand, not as snappy, but benefits from a set of tacky grips as well.:+1:

5 Likes

These pics do no justice to either pistol. I’m taking them to work this week.
Hopefully I can find a range where I’ll be working and shoot the darn things.
After, I will get a good cleaning done and then try to get some better pictures.

6 Likes

Got some new walnut grips coming for both pistols.
Bought the grips for the TT without the safety cutout.
Going to remove the safety and let the grip hide the hole.
Also bought IWB holsters and extra mags.

Finally shot them this morning. Had a great time at it.
Both were smooth, accurate and fun shooters.
Mild recoil. I think my G2c kicks harder than these.
I could shoot either of these all day long.

4 Likes

@ValorSolo Nice!! That’s always fun.:+1: What was the pattern of ejected brass like? If you noticed.
I’m curious if either one are like my cz52. (over my right shoulder at 5 o’clock and 39-41 feet) And if so, if it’s the nature of 7.62x25 somehow.

5 Likes

I was kinda propped against the hood of my old Dodge and the brass was hitting the windshield.
They were ejecting hard too. Stopped and looked for chips in the glass after hearing one hit it.
I’ll check it out next time, see exactly which direction they’re going and how far.

4 Likes

Cool. I’d be interested to know. I can imagine you looking for chips in the glass. Mine come out hard and hot too.

5 Likes

the only down side to a Makarov ejector is they bite hard. you get about 2 maybe 3 reloads out of a casing., before the rim is chewed to the point a chunk comes out. i have gotten 4.
look at one of your MT’s it does chew em a bit. good part is you can set a hat down in the right spot and catch ever damn on of them. there is no worn ejector on a MAK it either bites hard, or nothing . no intermittent. . usually the culprit is the ejector spring . and the first time you change one of those is a adventure… hardest part to change on one, including the main spring…

4 Likes