M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sure is Quiet in Here

Been awhile since this group made 12 hours without comment. Is the imterweb broke?

10 Likes

Lazy weekend for me. I’m doing a whole bunch of nothing.
It’s been a while since I’ve done this. Just not much to post.

11 Likes

Preparing for a little survival trip on a remote island off of South Carolina. No firearms allowed…just my Swiss Army Champion knife! :joy::joy::joy:

No internet. Paddling in with canoe :canoe:, wife, two other couples and their boats.
It will take four trips carrying gear from the canoe to the tent site off the beach.

We will be slaying clams, oysters, shrimp, fish…and mosquitoes.

Will miss chiming in…and my Guns! :joy::sunglasses::boom::boom::boom:

12 Likes

Hung out with a friend yesterday helping him get his 10/22 sighted in with new Volquartsen Carbon barrel then went to a barn turned into brewery and had a few. Just installed a SB Tactical BTFA on my new Charger build that came yesterday, only thing left is 6" Threaded Volquartsen Carbon barrel coming Wed.

16 Likes

Been working, and between that swapping summer to winter tires, 2 cars 1 truck.
Weather is cooperating, seen mars last night, very red until the 15th, can’t miss it in the clear night sky.
Lots of small stuff to get done before the snow.
Am trying to free up a window to get back to the range.
Cheers,

12 Likes

I’m got 6 hours yesterday and another 6 today on a 1946 Mossberg 151a.

Next up is a Marlin No. 20
Haven’t got a year on it yet.

15 Likes

Sleeping, mostly. Installed a new trigger in the CZ 97B and did a little work on the M1 Carbine, trying some things to solve an occasional FTF issue (rounds fed from right side of mag only, all mags). Cleanings for both. More sleep.

11 Likes

Funny, I didn’t realize you ever slept. LOL

11 Likes

Honestly, haven’t been doing much of that for most of this year…and it’s starting to affect me…

8 Likes

I’ve never been much of a sleeper. This just seemed a good weekend for it.

9 Likes

I used to be good with 6-7 hours but I’m lucky if I can manage 4-5 now (and not a good 4-5, either), and then I’m dozing off at my desk in the afternoon, wide awake at 1am.

I’ll agree with that. Waiting on gun parts yesterday so no range day. Raining today with the remnants of Delta so no range day. After sitting in traffic for close to 3 hours due to a jumper on the WPL bridge last weekend, didn’t really feel like driving much anyway.

7 Likes

That’s my normal. Occasionally 6 hours.
Anything over 6 and I feel like shit all day.

8 Likes

I did do a little bit of tinkering this weekend.
Applied a coat of Tung oil on my SKS stock.
Got my Taurus G2c running great again.
And put some velcro shims on the mags.
The sleeves fit very loose, drove me nuts.

Also put a piece inside the magwell.

Really tightened things up perfectly.

I’ve used these shims on buffer tubes as well.
Gets rid of all the rattle but retains functionality.

9 Likes

@Dred ive been working and hunting all weekend and the only joy i got was going to bed at night

10 Likes

Thanks all. Busy weekend here too. My gf and I are working toward sharing a roof again. So, worked my punch list Friday. Drove 'round looking at places and evaluating Real Estate Agent on Saturday. Then knock out the electrical gremlin page on GFs punch list yesterday.

I nearly bought an AR 'cause my phone still works but haven’t agreed on price with seller yet.

5 Likes

I’ve been working, flying in and around Delta, made for a long trip.
I got home last night and there were some parts waiting for me so I did this:

It’s a circle red dot that doesn’t show up well on the picture but is really sharp on the gun.
I think the P365 SAS hybrid is now complete!

6 Likes

Great old rifle. I have one of those too. Very accurate and fun to shoot.
That’s a very nice example you have there.:+1:t3:

6 Likes

How tiny is that thing to fit on the P365 slide? You using some kind of adapter in place of the Mepro Bullseye (or whatever it’s called)?

I see we got our TD rail as well…you holding out on us, flyboy? :grinning:

4 Likes

I am! It’s a slide adapter for the SAS that replaces the “Bullseye” sight.
It’s made by these guys:

Maybe a little!
Shipping of parts is so slow right now, I’ve had the Holosun on order since July and it just arrived on Saturday.

That little rail adapter is very neat, solves the problem of the dumbass Sig worthless rail.:rofl:

It is tiny but mighty.
I like Holosun’s range of sights and this one is very cool. All aluminum, shake awake and very light.
It needs to be sighted in and I’ll do that as soon as I can. I’m practicing drawing from the holster and acquiring the “circle” which is much the same skill set as using the bullseye sight, just a little easier IMHO. It actually has a small “iron” rear sight below the window which really helps in acquiring the circle.

5 Likes

The want is strong. I ordered one in ?March? but after the third time delivery was pushed in ?July? I cancelled my order and lost my place in line. I want me some 507k - enjoy yours.

4 Likes