M*CARBO Brotherhood

Suppressor on the S2K

do you guys run suppressor on your sub? is it a good host? is it worth looking in to? does it cause any issues with the higher back pressure? I’m thinking about suppressing it, but I’m not sure if it would be worth the tax stamp, being that it is a pretty much open design, I would think the suppressor might not have the effect that I’m looking for.

4 Likes

Good question(s). I’ve been wondering about this myself.

1 Like

I guess no one suppresses the s2k, anyone have a 9mm 1/2x28 that they could throw on the s2k to see what it’s like? I’m very curious to know if it actually suppresses well

1 Like

you might have already done this but I watched several youtube vids of suppressed s2k’s.
I dont know that any would answer your question but they do show some being fired…

1 Like

@Omnivious There is a topic on this forum about 8 days old which may help you. “Does anyone have any experience with shooting a suppressed sub-2000 with sub-sonic ammo?” Best I can do, don’t know how to link stuff.

2 Likes

@Don68 I think this is the topic you are referring to.

2 Likes

I have run mine with a suppressor. I like it but do not like the length that’s added. A shorter barrel would be great but then I’m in tax stamp land. I’d rather not go down that road if I do not have to.

2 Likes

@jeffing65 Thanks Jeff. Maybe one of these I’ll figure out how to do it without making an a$$ out of myself.:laughing:

2 Likes

@Smoke, does it suppress well compared to other suppressed 9mm firearms? Also, is there any issues created by the added back pressure?

1 Like

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

It is ok. Not movie suppressed. Works better with subsonic ammo.

1 Like

My Kel-Tec family. Notice the Silencer Co Osprey on my

6 Likes

@Backpacker_Joe How much does the suppressor weigh? Do you think it has an adverse effect on the balance of the Sub

3 Likes

It doesnt weigh that much. Its a Silencer Co Osprey 9. Shooting 147 grain ammo its very quiet too. I dont think it disrupts anything.

3 Likes

My concerns with running a suppressor on s2k is mainly that the s2k is already a dirty running firearm and to add more back pressure, wouldn’t that possibly make it run even dirtier? I guess the only way to test that would be to run suppressed for a certain set amount of rounds and run the same ammo and rounds after cleaning without suppressor, I ran my s2k on remoil and it did not like that stuff, it was all kinds of gunky, I’m trying different lube to see if it runs any better or worse…

4 Likes