SUB2K Reset Issue

Lots of good feedback fairly quickly. Very nice! :smile: I’ll like to take to the range and give it a shot… pun intended… pun always intended

4 Likes

@ChrisNelson thank you :pray: I had so much tunnel vision on the problem being the side of the trigger bar making contact with the frame. But then I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t consistently replicate the failure if the bar was rubbing. I’ll try the solution this weekend.

5 Likes

@wedge I plan to mark a line on my trigger bar a smidge above where the sear rests to give proper clearance to not shave down that far. FWIW.

5 Likes

Nice! Interested in seeing the pictures.

And, yes, much thanks to @ChrisNelson for taking all that time to figure out what was really going on. :+1:

6 Likes

Almost finished with the video. I added some more detail

8 Likes

@Kona Hey Logan, seeing as how you have put a lot of rounds down range, when you check the point on your bar tell us if it still as sharp as a fishing hook or did it start to wear down some. My wife and I hate splitting the grips again.

3 Likes

Not good. I have the new trigger bar but I am not going to install until this gets sorted out.

2 Likes

@MrCoffee little dramatic lol

5 Likes

Well Chris, I didn’t wait for the video. Being a machinist for almost 40 years I got after it. Put slightly less than 1/32" chamfer on that corner and put it all back together. Works like a charm! Thank you sir for your dedication in solving this problem. Now on to the next project. Need to order the trigger spring kit for my Benjamin Trail NP air rifle.

8 Likes

Got back from the range no issues while firing but if ride the bolt home I get the dead reset. If I let the bolt go on its own I get reset.

I am going to wait on your video and when I have more to implement the fix.

As others have said thanks for the quick response and fix. Truly the best company to deal with.

Aside from this bump.in the road that trigger bar really improves trigger.

5 Likes

I actually used an ultra fine diamond deburing bit in my little chinese dremal knock off. Only took about 5 minutes if that.

4 Likes
split this topic #112

A post was merged into an existing topic: Trigger Bar R&D Reports

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback.

Glad to hear it.

7 Likes

Exactly what I noticed today. I could induce a malfunction by gently riding the bolt forward but under natural conditions it not one malfunction. The sharp corner removal is the solution all around.

5 Likes

Send it back to me and I’ll fix it personally.

Chris Nelson
M*CARBO
200 2nd Ave S
STE 821
St. Petersburg, FL 33701

12 Likes

@ChrisNelson Not only do you have great products you have world class customer care. Thank you

8 Likes

Just installed mine and tried to get it to not reset by letting it go home as slow as I can which is unrealistic since I usually sling shot it but I tried and no problems here, I did not modify anything at all, I’m not sure what the tolerances are but mine seems to be just fine, I have not snugged on the collar yet but I don’t see how that would make much of a difference, I did clean off the part and give it a good oil treatment and wiped it clean and put it in, don’t know that it made a difference… I will report back after my range session tomorrow👍

6 Likes

Just curious, did you notice if there was any wear in the little tab on the sear that the trigger bar reset rides on. I wasn’t going to worry about the sharp corner on the trigger bar but the more I thought about it I started to worry that the sharp corner might start cutting into the tab on the sear.

2 Likes

Wow, funny thing, I just put the collar nut on and now it is not resetting…

2 Likes

It must be that little bit of pressure on the back that is causing it to bind with the plastic or something and causing the trigger bar to go out of line

2 Likes