SUB2K Reset Issue

Hey guys, just installed the new trigger bar on my multi-mag gen2 and am having some issues with trigger reset. This install was on top of a flurry of other upgrades made prior. After reassembly I noticed that after pulling the trigger then cycling the bolt with the trigger still pressed, it would not recock. I tore down and rebuilt, but with the same outcome. I’m 99.999% sure this is user error, just wondering if anyone had ideas where I should start with the troubleshooting process. Thanks in advance!

5 Likes
Installed my trigger bar
New SUB-2000 Performance Trigger Bars

Well, I’ll be danged… I just tried that with mine and got the same result with the upgraded trigger bar. But, the good thing is it shoots just fine and I have a lot of rounds on that trigger bar. My advice is to just shoot it and see. I wonder if it does that with the stock trigger bar as I never thought to try that with mine stock.

3 Likes

Sometimes it sticks and doing it over and over with the reset straightens mine out. So to be clear, I put it together, charge it, pull the trigger, hold the trigger down, charge it, let go of trigger to reset. If it doesn’t reset, I just keep doing it over and over until it does. Sometimes I’ll throw in pulling the trigger as far forward as it will go too.

3 Likes

It resets with stock; when you pull the trigger and cock it, there is an audible reset and back to the wall for follow up break, are you guys saying that there is no reset?

3 Likes

@Omnivious yes no reset. Colloquially referred to as a “dead trigger.” I suggest trying my steps for anyone having that issue.

5 Likes

I couldn’t even get mine to do that. When I hold the trigger in and cycle the bolt, I don’t even hear the click of the hammer engaging the sear, so the hammer is following the bolt down resulting in a dead trigger. Works just fine when actually firing, though. Weird.

I wonder if it’s because we have prototype trigger bars?

3 Likes

Have you had any dead trigger issues when actually shooting it because of the trigger bar? I remember you had some hammer spring issues.

4 Likes

@wedge none. I’m sure the actual cycling of the bolt and recoil keeps everything humping. I suspect part of the issue might be riding the charging handle forward. Try letting it go with some authority too.

4 Likes

I just tried again with letting the bolt fly forward. Same thing. No reset.

It’s just strange that it does it with the MCARBO trigger bar and, apparently, not with the stock one.

3 Likes

@wedge I know. Not sure why but I’m able to work mine out but every time I put it back together it starts with a dead reset until I fiddle with it.

3 Likes

@wedge I was able to cause the dead reset a few times off camera but only once on camera. Will post in a min.

2 Likes

could it be that the trigger bar is rubbing up against the right side grip piece and causing it to not engage? I haven’t gotten my trigger bar yet so I have no clue… :persevere:

2 Likes

Are you saying you have a dead trigger when you put it back together after cycling the bolt and not holding the trigger back?

2 Likes

@Wedge no. Dead reset every time I put back together. Positive trigger engagement every time when I put back together and don’t hold for reset. After I fiddle with it, the trigger works as intended with positive engagement and reset it’s just no reset when I first put it back together.

4 Likes

One dead trigger in this demo. I couldn’t get it to do it again after this and tried maybe 15x.

5 Likes

@Omnivious you could be on to something. Sub 2k required sanding of the polymer frame for MCARBO trigger to work. Maybe new trigger bar is rubbing the polymer again.

3 Likes

Interesting. Mine seems to have a dead trigger every time I do that. Great. Now it will probably do it next time at the range. LOL

2 Likes

@Wedge keep working the trigger, charging handle, and crossbolt safety. Try different variations and see if it’ll work out. Charge it with safety on, off, pull trigger with safety on, off, work safety back and forth. I’d try a bunch of variables.

2 Likes

I just messed with it again and if I come off a full trigger squeeze and let it out a hair, like a mm or two, it will reset every time. I guess the way I shoot it with the recoil has been ensuring that I don’t have the trigger fully squeezed during cycling. I’ll have to remember to consciously try that next time at the range. Not a comforting thought that I may have been “lucky” all this time and that I can induce a dead trigger during live fire.

3 Likes

Mine is the same. Dead if I hold the trigger. Don’t know if I had this problem before the trigger bar or not. Never tried it until reading this post.

3 Likes