M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub2K Quiz: When, Where And How Much?

Just curious how long you have had your Sub2K, where you got it, and how much you paid for it, I’ll go first…

Have had mine about 3 months but have wanted one for years and never saw the version I wanted locally, which leads to question 2. I found a S&W M&P version on gunbroker.com at a very reasonable price, $389. Add the shipping and transfer fees and I got mine for $449 all in.

3 Likes

Got mine , 9mm Glock, about 16 months ago. Got it at a local gun store and paid $450 total and it came with one 17 round and one 33 round glock magazine.

5 Likes

A few weeks ago I bought a new 40 cal Nickel Boron m&p version. I got from Buds. $382 with free shipping. $25 transfer fee.

4 Likes

10/16 from a dealer at local gun show. O.D. Green 9mm Glock 17. $495 total and tossed in Glock fun stick.

4 Likes

Got my 9mm multimag M&P in November 2017. GunBroker for $319 plus $25 shipping. Free transfer thanks to “buyback” by my FFL (he knew the pistol was already inbound).

5 Likes

I got mine a few weeks ago off of gunbroker.com. I bid a penny over the minimum bid. The gun was basically $500, but with shipping and insurance and the fee for using a credit card instead of some other form of payment, it was $557.49. The local FFL I chose charged $35 for the transfer. That equals $592.49 out-the-door and there were no other fees or sales taxes.

That may seem quite expensive, but my mind was set on the Glock 19 version in the desert tan color. Once I decided to pull the trigger (ha, ha), I got what I wanted when I wanted it, and I was willing to pay to get exactly what I wanted when I wanted it and at the location I wanted it with no hassles. Mine came with one 15-round PMAG.

6 Likes

@Phoenix I agree, the best time to buy something you want is when you see it. You can always make more money but you can’t always find what you want when you want it. Bought my Nickel Boron Sub-2000 in Glock .40 at a local gun show this past January for $550. I’ve been wanting the Nickel Boron, there it was and had the cash with me. The man owned a local gun store and his young daughters were doing the paperwork so it felt good to help a local small business.

6 Likes

Plus, I never wasted gas or time driving around. I decided what I wanted and I decided where I wanted it to arrive. The only time I had to leave my home was to go pick it up. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

About two months,Blue Dot price of 320.00 Love it!

4 Likes

Just bought mine 5-18-18, right now it just hit Nashville on the way to Orlando by Wednesday, right after I ordered it everything to make it better, I missed the VET discount notice so I missed out on that.

Can’t wait to get it and take it apart and get the M*CARBO parts in it and show up with a rifle I can be proud to call my own.

Already told Dad I bet my 40 can outdo his AR-15, didn’t tell him I bought the Kel Tec 40, I’m keeping it quiet until the family reunion and let them think I’m talking about my XD-40

4 Likes

February 2018 was when I purchased mine. Purchased from Palmetto State Armory. Paid $399.99 with free shipping. $20.00 transfer from a local shop.

4 Likes

Got mine 3 months ago through Gunbroker.com I got the Glock 23 nickel/cad model in 40 cal for $345. Nearly $100 cheaper than the prevailing price for a Glock 9mm model. Of course, add in all the Mcarbo parts I ordered and installed and the price went up quite a bit. But, worth every penny.

4 Likes

Are you happy with the gun? if so then it really doesn’t matter what you paid.

4 Likes

Bought mine in January 2018 from gun broker. with the 3% credit card, $30 shipping, and $20 transfer fee $445.00. So far $295.00 on Mcarbo parts getting ready to spend another $90 then that will be everything for the gun you can get. I do enjoy shooting it.

4 Likes

My plan was always to turn a $500 gun into a $1,000 gun. :wink::grinning::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Not for investment purposes. Just to have a really cool gun. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Phoenix I can’t leave anything alone either, I like working on them as much as I do shooting them.

4 Likes

Funny how that happens, I was looking for a cheap gun and ended up with a mid range priced one anyway. But is is fun getting to do all the mods myself.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have had mine, a gen-1 Glock .40 type, for a little more than four years now. I found it on Armslist. I paid $299 shipped. It was used and was experimented on (no front sight and a custom fab foregrip).

This is my patrol/truck rifle and has had plenty of mods added since; more arrived today courtesy of M*Carbo. These will be installed this weekend.

3 Likes

Had been looking for the Sub2k for some time. Found a dealer at a gun show who had one in Early 2017. Paid 449.00. Felt that was a deal at that time. Been enjoying it and upgrading it since.

3 Likes