M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub2k Magazines

I run several varieties in my Sub 2000 M&P variant.

10 rounders by Promag run
17 rounders by Promag run
23 rounders built on a 17 Promag and a 10 Promag with Taran Tactical +6 bases run
17 rounders by S&W run

32 rounders by Promag ran initially, but fail frequently after being fully loaded for 2 weeks.

And, yes I modified my free recall nanny state mag to 23 rounds using a 5/16" drill bit to the dimple, plus aftermarket spring and base pad. I already had my 3 nanny state mags for travel in nanny States.

1 Like

The Outer’s Tri Lube works well also’

2 Likes

Diva you shut up. This ain’t Alaska. Lol wd40 dry is easy to get here in the lower 48 :joy::joy:

1 Like

I used it last night on my 32rd pmags. they were easier to load then before now to see if they feed well. That will have to wait until after wed. I work till then.

2 Likes

Good man!! They feed noticeably smoother too

2 Likes

I hope they do. That sure is slick. Thank you for the suggestion to try it. That is what is so great about this forum sharing info and supporting each other.

2 Likes

I now to get my 17rd S&W magazines done then I will be ready to head out to the range next weekend.

1 Like

Well ‘‘PARDON ME’’ I’m Outer Here ! Gotta go shoot a bear’ Don’t Forget to use Lot’s of (Anti Seize )when you Install your (Muzzle Brake):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Lmfao. Yeah go chop fire wood in your adopted state.

Yea I did all my sub 2k mags in like an hour. I figured while I was replacing the springs might as well. Btw if you call sgm mags they will send you extra power springs for their stick mags. . . For free! They also work great in those Korean mags. . . . Just saying

2 Likes

Italianhorn, Not to sound to dumb, not a techy. what is SGM

2 Likes

Google says…Sergeant Major, Special General Meeting, Southern Gospel Music, Scissor Gang Mafia and Standard Generalized Markup.

3 Likes

Sgm is a popular brand of aftermarket mags. Alot of guys here use them. The make cheap glock mags. And everyone uses their stick mags

2 Likes

thank you, I never heard of them. I will check them out. They are more of a shotgun place and glock magazine supplier. Nothing there for this old man.

2 Likes

Anyone having issues with ETS brand Mags?? I have several and the followers stick at various points in the tube. I’ve contacted ETS and their solution is to lightly “lube the mag.” with your favorite gun oil. Do you thing the WD-40 Dry Lube work better for this application?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I just started using the wd40 dry lube on my magazines. Not sure how they will feed when shooting, but they loaded better. I plan on getting to the range this weekend. I will let you know how it worked.

Great!! Thank you for the information. I await your results.

1 Like

I have quite a few M&P9 oem mags, pro mag 17rd and 33 round mags that I’ve had no issues with.

1 Like

The weekend plans fell through, had grand daughter time. Nothing overrides time with my little princess. Going this morning.

Oops, I just made a thread about 32 Round ProMag S&W mags because I did not see this one. II’m looking for feedback on them in the Sub2K. They work great in my pistol and wanted to see how well they ran in the Sub2K since I have not had a chance to run them yet. Also, I squeeze 35 rounds in them with no problem, is anyone else doing this?

2 Likes