M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub2k Magazines

As we all know, there are a ton of factory and aftermarket magazines. From the factory magazines (S&W, Sig, Beretta, and Glock) to the aftermarket Magpul, ETS, promag, etc…

Which magazines have you used and which work best for the variance you have?

Glock Variance sub
The factory Glock 17, 18 magazines work flawlessly
The Magpul Pmag GL9 for the 17/21 Rd capacity magazines work flawlessly

6 Likes

Same here. Glock OEM mags run 100%. So has the one G19 Pmag copy that I got with my SUB2000. Don’t have any other non-OEM Glock mags.

2 Likes

I have 5 M&P 17rd magazines and they work like a charm, I got a 1 promag 17rd with the S2K and had no issues with it, and 4 32 rd promags and no issues with them.

3 Likes

Only use Glock in my Sub-2000 .40. I have the 22 rounders and have added Glock +1 mag. floor plates to my 15 rounders.

1 Like

Sgm stick mag for comparison. Springs left to right
2 Korean stick mags
1 standard sgm stock mag
1 sgm extra power spring

3 Likes

Just to give you guys an idea. Also take your mags apart and clean them. Then spray with a dry lube. I use wd-40 dry

2 Likes

Glock 17 mags: ETS mags have worked flawlessly through thousands of rounds.

2 Likes

Where did you find the WD-40 Dry?

Home depokt my man drys in seconds

1 Like

Thanks for the photo!
Is there any difference in spring thickness? Have you tried pulling out of micrometer to see?

I will check it out. I have been using gun oil and then blowing them out with air to remove the excess

1 Like

I did not pull a micrometer out but the sgm springs were noticeably thicker

Problem with gun oil is it attracts dust and dirt

1 Like

That is why I would blow it out, the draw back is like to say it collects dust and dirt. I have been cleaning the magazines more often then the gun.

1 Like

Is this the stuff you are talking about.

6 Likes

That’s the one!!!

2 Likes

Thank you, I will stop by in the morning after I get off work and pickup a can.

1 Like

No problem. Met me know how it works out for you. I been doing all my mags as they become empty. Much smoother feeding

1 Like

I will be happy to let you know of the results. I am going to clean all my mags this weekend.

2 Likes

Only oem mags so far.
I have heard good things about the ETS mags and Korean have been results up and down. Although I saw on iraqveteran8888. They have been using the Korean mags for some time and have been having good results. So maybe one of each and start using at the range to test out.

2 Likes