M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub2k Light Strikes?

Been having light strike issues on my 9mm Sub2k. Anyone had similar issues? advice?

6 Likes

@JeffBailey Welcome to the Brotherhood. Don’t forget to go to the First Post Here: Introduce Yourself! thread and say Hi to everybody.
Have had no light strikes with my S2K in a few years. Try a different brand of ammo. See if that helps.

6 Likes

None here either goes boom every time. And welcome to the brotherhood!

6 Likes

What brand ammo were you using when you had the light strikes?

5 Likes

@JeffBailey

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood. If you had not performed any modifications and it is all ‘factory equipment,’ I would also suggest using different brand ammunition. Make sure that you are also using non +P loads (per Kel-Tec) until you get more familiar with ‘the habits’ of your firearm. Good luck and happy shooting, brother!

5 Likes

@JeffBailey welcome to the forum jeff

5 Likes

@JeffBailey Welcome to the Brotherhood Jeff. Check your bolt’s firing pin hole for built up crud. Stay away from steel and aluminum cased ammo, it’s not recommended by Kel-Tec.

5 Likes

I’ve mixed it up, brand of ammo does not seem to matter (federal, federal american eagle, fiocchi, etc).

7 Likes

Will do. I don’t use the alum/steel cased ammo. Ammo choice soes not seem to be the problem as it occurs with several different brands. I have looked over the firing pin & cleaned it. Maybe I need to revisit that option

6 Likes

@JeffBailey Have you replaced the O.E.M. springs with MCARBO ? There has been several old posts of members having a light strike and when they put the original hammer spring back in every thing was OK. Sometimes you get a weak one.

3 Likes

I had one light primer strike with my S2K. It was with FiocchI ammo.

3 Likes

I have the MCarbo spring in there, It was working fine for quite a while but that’d be worth a try, Thanks!

5 Likes

@JeffBailey Welcome to the Brotherhood!:smiley: And No Light Strikes Here

4 Likes