M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub2k Gen2 Front Sight Options

I would like to remove the front sight post on my Sub2k and use a simple flip up on the top rail, but I don’t want to leave the front sight post threading exposed. Is there a barrel shroud that anybody would recommend that would help protect it and still allow the use of the Mcarbo muzzle brake? Or possibly any other solutions or recommendations? I’m open to any ideas. Thanks in advance my brothers!

4 Likes

@Reednel I think that Keltec has one on their web site that is made for the s2k

4 Likes

@Ignatsio I didn’t see one, but I’ll look again. Maybe I just didn’t see it.

3 Likes

@Reednel do a search on their site for S2K 803 thread protector long. $15

4 Likes

@Ignatsio, I just found it thank you. Although I just realised that if i use a flip up sight on the top rail the sub won’t fold and lock properly :man_facepalming:. Apparently my brain is working slowly today.

5 Likes

@Reednel Hey Reed, Red Lion makes a flip up front sight that takes the place of the stock front sight so you can now fold your front sight down and also still fold your S2K and have it latch. It is not cheap but I have one and the quality is outstanding. Here are some photos of it (not mine but online photos I found).

5 Likes

@dave67, thanks for the recomendation. I’d seen this online but was unsure of the quality. I’ll look into it more.

2 Likes

Ive got their (Red Lion)fixed position sight, muzzle brake, and index-able rail system on my Gen 1. got it before i discovered Mcarbo.
but Red lion 's quality is excellent.:+1:

if the folding sight had of been out when I got this set up I would have went with it…

5 Likes