Sub2k: Failures to Eject are endless. Asking for help

@2A4EVER Sweet, that looks good, glade to be able to help. Let us know how it goes.

6 Likes

Well figured out my issue!! Finally. i noticed that when putting a spent round onto bolt face, under the extractor and all the way up, as it would sit normally, the shell just came loose and dropped off with slightest movement of bolthead! Checked my other bolts for this behaviour and NOT one of them exhibited it.
Apparently some “meat” is missing directly across from extractor that would keep the shell captive. It just slips right out. I did change out extractor ordered from KT. BOY, was it a bear getting new one in!! Still no joy. Got hold of another used bolthead from Numrich. Manully checked shell captivity and only normal behavior noted.
Just returned from range to test. Two mags fired off normally!!! NOT ONE FTE OR FTF!! My gen1 glock 19 is now part of my fold, behaving as it should!!
Could’ve sent it back to Cocobeach but had to try on my own first.
I will submit the bad bolt to KT for a replacement though now.
Hope this helps someone else.
Cheers, Nick

6 Likes

Just read this end to end. Glad you got it resolved.

My SWAG was going to be… are you sure the bolt head in that S2K wasn’t somehow a .40? The offset primer strikes caught my attention.

2 Likes

Dung,
I did run into the 40cal. suggestions before. Unfortunately don’t have a 40 cartridge to try. 9mm is 1mm less diameter at base. My 9mm didn’t show 1mm of play or looseness. It was in there tight enough, just not held securely for ejector to hit it hard enough for positive ejection.

2 Likes