M*CARBO Brotherhood

SUB2K .40 Mags For Glock Variant

All Things SUB-2000!

I have a glock mag type sub2k and would like to buy a few extra mags for it. does anyone have any recommendations other than glock brand mags?

1 Like

I’ve been happy with the ETS brand. They make the clear plastic mags. I’ve not had any hang ups or anything. Plus they’re cheaper than the glock brand. Although it’s worth noting the “happy stick” for glock has 33 rounds and the ets version only holds 31. But I found them for about ten dollars cheaper

3 Likes

Awesome, thank you very much for the info!!

2 Likes

I have been shooting my gen 1 40S&W Sub 2k in local steel matches the last year or so. I’ve been using my Glock 35 mags for it but wanted to try some larger capacity mags for the matches so I didn’t have to load mags all the time at a match.

Fast forward to late summer last year. I bought like a 100 bucks worth of 24 round ETS mags to give them a try. Took them to a steel match in 80 degree weather. Loaded them up and untested found them to 100% for the whole match. Only thing I noticed is that they won’t drop free. Didn’t matter as this match is no need for reloads.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Took this PCC out for the same match in 45 degree weather same mags and same ammo. Nothing but a disaster. Every single ETS mag would not feed a single round. It would fire once and then not pick up a round. Pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Anyways I ended up completing the match with my Glock 35 mags.

Very disappointed. Not sure what I am going to do with those ETS mags now. I guess I’ll keep em around and try them again when the temps get hotter and see if they start working again.

Until then, I already have 2 factory Glock 22 round 40mags. Guess I’ll pony up another 70 bucks for two more.

2 Likes

@Mr_Black Can’t go wrong with factory Glock OEM.

3 Likes

If you have a 9mm I would also recommend Magpul mags, Very high quality and they also make the high capacity mags for 9mm. Problem is they don’t make them for 40.cal.I personally, having carried a handgun professionally for over 30 yrs, would spend the extra for the Glock mags, for the ones I would be carrying for self/home defense. I am not against buying cheaper aftermarket mags for range/plinking use, but I am not willing to bet lives on them.

1 Like

The 40 cal. ETS mags have been reliable for me.

1 Like

@jdlivaudais that’s good to know I just picked up a 30 rounder haven’t had time to test it yet. I heard they don’t perform well in cold temps but that shouldn’t be a problem for me. Notice anything like that?

1 Like

Yea, I don’t perform well in cold weather either.

Which means I haven’t really tested mine in very cold weather.

4 Likes

If you are using the off brand mags for everyday target practice then there are a few cheapo mags available through several different sources, most are made in China or Korea. If you are going to be using the mags for self defense, then you might want to stay with Glock OEM parts which have a proven reliability factor …

2 Likes