M*CARBO Brotherhood

SUB2000 Upper Feed Ramp Ejector Polish

All Things SUB-2000!

Getting my Sub200 and bunch-o-mcarbo Parts in Tuesday. Question- should I polish the facing part of the upper feed ramp and ejector?

1 Like

@TRSkoog When you receive the new feed ramp you will notice milling marks/grooves on the face of the feed ramp, the purpose of polishing is to reduce these marks. I spent about 20-30 min. on mine and although you can still see faint milling lines on the feed ramp it is much smoother.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading about this, having just received my MCARBO trigger bundle, feed ramp and extended release. I’m having it all installed at the dealer when the trigger bar comes out. Does this polishing step have to be done? (Don’t it come Pre-polished??) I don’t have a dremel, is there another way to accomplish this?

1 Like

Understood on the Lower feed ramp (bought one) and polish on all my firearms. Question is the UPPER feed, and the ejector - would a polish where they interface with the brass be a good idea or assist feed\ejection

1 Like

@Boomchucker The ramp does not come pre-polished. I don’t really know if it has to be done but since it is not installed yet I would do it. You could use your finger and start with rubbing compound then go to polishing compound. It does not have to be perfect, you are just reducing the machining marks.

3 Likes

He’s talking about the stock Kel-Tec UPPER feed ramp at the top of the ejection port area, not the separate M*CARBO lower feed ramp. And, no I didn’t polish my upper feedramp. Zero issues.

3 Likes

I didn’t polish mine and no issues

2 Likes

Well Dave, ya talked me into it. Best salesman on MCARBO (besides Kona haha!) I ordered the feed ramp polishing kit (and saved 20%!) watched the polishing video AND dropped by my local Harbor Garbage to get the Drill Master special rotary tool for 25% off! On a roll!! (Secretly, I was hoping it would just polish itself with many bullets but watching the polishing video showed me the err in my thinking🤔 )

4 Likes

Thanks. Put in all my parts last night (trigger, trigger guard, springs, posts/screws, charging handle, recoil buffer and tube cover) – and did touch the brass interfacing surface with a bit of polishing along with a bit-o-paint on the front sight post for my aging eyes when using the iron sights. Sweet/inclusive instructional videos on the site. Nabbing a reddos for the Sub-2000, and hauling it out with an AMD65 and 223Wylde for some range time tomorrow on the rifle side. Nice to have you all to bounce ideas off of.

2 Likes

I just finished polishing mine and I thought I would share some techniques that I used.

I just laid the Dremel on its side and held the feed ramp with a pair of pliers (it gets pretty warm) and used an already used swab to dab a little compound on, this way you can work with glove free hand
P1010308

and just held it against the running tool, this really minimized splatter
P1010309

P1010314

Use the fan to cool
P1010312

Looks like a piece of jewelry now! :+1:
P1010316

7 Likes

Love that mirror shine Dave!

3 Likes

Like Chris said in the vid - 25 - 30 min. No big deal :+1:

2 Likes

@TriggerHappy Good job Dave, great pictures.

2 Likes

@TRSkoog Part of the reasoning for polishing is to reduce carbon collection too

3 Likes

@TriggerHappy When I just had mine apart I could not believe how much carbon was stuck to the feed ramp after 100 rounds but did clean off easy because it was smooth.

5 Likes

Understood – I polish all my feed ramps for the same reasons. My original question was about the UPPER feed ramp and EJECTOR.

2 Likes

@TRSkoog Yes, and Boomchucker right behind you was talking about lower feed ramp…I got confused. :thinking:

2 Likes

Yes me too - apologies. Eyes see one thing brain thinks other sometimes…

1 Like

If a mod could help me move my post about polishing the LOWER feed ramp out of @TRSkoog’s thread about the UPPER feed ramp I would be fine with that lol

1 Like

Well ignorance is bliss til reality crashes in. While following to the letter dave67’s expert sales advice on polishing the lower feed ramp, I learned the difference between the upper and lower feed ramps enough to realize I hijacked TRSKoog’s thread/question about polishing the upper feed ramp like a mug. Sorry bro!!:grimacing:

Good news is I got’er did, polished’er up like a piece of fine jewelry…thanks for the encouragement!:+1:

4 Likes