SUB2000...Serious PDW Or Just A Range Toy?

I have been thinking of putting money away to get a sub2000 in the FDE color. It would match my M&P 9mm. Then I would get to upgrade it with all the parts I want from MCARBO again.

5 Likes

@KM55 I understand completely…just put my FFL on the lookout for two more. Now that I have completed my PCC build I am thinking of revisiting the “truck gun idea” (the MAK90 is just to valuable and hard to replace).

I am really thinking I want to mill a new charging handle similar to the sketch I posted on the broken charging handle thread.

I am also thinking about cutting some tabs in the aluminum trigger guard.:smirk:

2 Likes

I just priced up another sub2000 in tan 9mm S&W. Starting price $379.99 plus 3%cc and shipping and transfer fees ouch. close to $470.00 maybe I will just take my plastic parts off and have them painted.

1 Like

@KM55 I just dropped off parts for cerakote $65. two colors.

3 Likes

I have to call a couple of local places and see what they want for two color tan design.

2 Likes

I thought the version with the new collar was the Gen 3. As far as I know, there are no MCARBO-esque upgrades on it.

@wedge ugh I hope my new sub doesn’t come with the new collar.

1 Like

@Kona I sincerely agree! Just can’t figure out what they were thinking with that part!

@Wedge like the KSG KT does “rolling upgrades” and does not differentiate models and generations, that is typically done by the buyers and sellers. I have had early models come with late model upgrades and later models with the earlier parts…it is kind of a crap shoot.

2 Likes

Might as well get used to it because they’ll all be that way soon enough. LOL

1 Like

@Wedge I have not seen one at local gun shows with the new collar yet.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how far in the distrubution system they are yet, but I’ve seen guys getting the new collar version back after they send theirs in for repair and the frame/grip halves needed to be replaced.

2 Likes

@Johnksg cerakote just the barrel? ODE?

2 Likes

@dave67. I bought mine Oct. 10th and it is with the new collar. Also the serial was past the units that were included in the recall. So I’m sure, unless it is the unlikely event of old non-moving stock, anything bought will have the new collar on it. Easy twist pull right off no tools needed. Twist and click locked back on.

2 Likes

@Gatekeeper another brother @JoeFridaySays mocked up the pic for me. Its gonna be my PCC game gun next season.
230019b877868904186b0ab50ab3175bbf451f44_1_690x418

4 Likes

I think that before the mcarbo upgrades it was a good idea that ended up as a good range toy. Since upgrading I think it is a great pdw. it is light quick effective and as far as I can tell very reliable. Close quarters only? I find that even at 100 yards with a 9mm it can still be effective.

Just adding the stainless ramp upped the game tremendously. IMHO

3 Likes

I recall this pic. Zombie theme. What about the red “blood” splats. Would make it look outrageously good. Reference the Zombie slayer Bond Arms pic earlier in the thread.

3 Likes

@Gatekeeper actually just like green and not so much into zombies! Lol

Gonna lighten the hunter green two shades and darken the lime green…but gives an idea!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing it. When will they get it finished? Will it really be two months?

2 Likes

@JoeFridaySays at least…might even be longer because of the holidays. :worried:

1 Like

I have over the years forced myself to embrace delayed gratification but…
THAT SUCKS

2 Likes