M*CARBO Brotherhood

SUB2000 Safety E-clip Removal

Just purchased the all in one pro trigger upgrade. Using the provided amour tool, I am unable the remove the e-clip. Doesn’t seem to fit and be able to work it loose. Any suggestions? Thanks!

7 Likes

@Caddo0712 Use the search feature and type in “Tips & Tricks For S2K”. Lots of good information displayed here.

7 Likes

Thanks for the info @Don68. New to this forum. Have had my s2k for a little while but haven’t got to shoot it much yet. Still wanted to do upgrades by all the reviews I’ve checked out and by what I’ve shot so far. Will definitely check out the tips section. MCarbo tool not working like the video shows. Thanks again.

6 Likes

You’re right about that part of the tool not working too good. I just grabbed the clip with needle nose plyers and pulled it off. Worked for me.

7 Likes

E clips take a lot of practice to remove smoothly as do snap rings, C clips and other tension fastening devices. its all about the tension. Chris has probably done about 10,000 of em by now, thats why it seems so easy for him. He is just pushing em slightly down to grab.
my armorers tool works fine. but again, I do a lot of different clips on different applications. try doing a set of wire clips retaining the wrist pin on a set of Kieth Black hyperuretic pistons. they will give you religion. at least by the time your done.
saying all that still from time to time, I will push to far, and a E clip will end up in high orbit in the ozone layer. but you do get better with practice.

12 Likes

@Caddo0712

Welcome to the MCarbo Brotherhood!

6 Likes

@Caddo0712 Welcome to the Brotherhood

5 Likes

Needle nose did the trick

8 Likes

welcome cad to the forum @Caddo0712

4 Likes

I concur with the needle noise pliers. I pushed it off with the needle noise open and then gripped the middle of the clip and pulled after it was half off. Try not to let it fly across the room.

7 Likes

Once installed, I rotate the c-clips so the ends are pointing to the lower back screw. Even if dislodged, they generally won’t come all the way off the safety due to the plastic ledge above.

My thumbnails work fine to push them off, then use a screw driver or tweezers to rotate around to the reverse direction and pull off. Can also rotate to reverse prior to removing, it just makes it more likely that you drop or lose the c-clip.

7 Likes

Thanks all for the feedback. Finally got it with the needle nose pliers. New trigger kit installed, now just need to go shoot.
Thanks again!

8 Likes

You will love those upgrades!

3 Likes

Which once you loose the c-clip, then miraculously turns into the Jesus clip… As in Jesus, where did that clip go???

5 Likes

@Partsed :crazy_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
chaos%20meme%2063
i call em all that especially the outer snap ring on a S&S oil pump for a Evo or shovelhead engine. they gotta be a 5 foot tall pile of Those somewhere in the shop, cause more likely than not, its suck a tight space, with bent tips you here the “PING” followed by the Jesus, where tha ****** **** did that piece of ******* **** land??? usually followed by a second round because your already pissed and you automatically “Ping” the second… I buy em by the 20 pack

7 Likes