M*CARBO Brotherhood

SUB2000 Reliability: Before And After Full M*CARBO

I have owned my S2K for 2 months and have fired 1,200+ rounds. 300 rounds factory unmodified and 900 rounds after "Full MCARBO" (every MCARBO modification except the sling mount). No FTF, FTE, light strikes or broken charging handles. I drop tested it from 5’ and it passed. Have run 5 different types of ammo both range and defensive with no hiccups. I haven’t run any cheap Russian ammo because my range doesn’t allow it.

I have never replaced so many components in any of my guns and find it remarkable that it runs as well as the factory version. I think the notched rear sight is a little too tall but other than that, the upgrades are perfect. Kudos to Chris and M*CARBO!

What has your experience been?

Scott

9 Likes

Pretty much agree with everything you said including the notch sight being a little to tall. I like the extra height but mcarbo needs to make a taller sight post for the front to go with it. I do like that the notch sight has a much quicker target aquisition than the original Keltec peep. I have a couple thousand rounds through mine now with zero FTF or FTE. I will not use steel case or aluminum case ammo in this or any other firearm with the exception of my SKS.

5 Likes

I’ve put every MCARBO upgrade in my S2K except the rear sight and sling mount. Runs absolutely amazing even with steel case ammo.

3 Likes

Agreed. Made a decent weapon much better

3 Likes

@Scooter

I’m glad there are brothers out there like you doing this to their S2K…not me. :grin:

2 Likes

@aadavis94 Kel-Tec does not recommend steel or aluminum cased ammo. Glad it works for you though.

2 Likes

I figured that was probably bc of the polymer feed rap. Only tried it after installing the stainless steel one

3 Likes

@Scooter Great review and good to hear this news! I think MCARBO has done a great job with the upgrades. :+1:

3 Likes

I put in most of the Mcarbo upgrades after 300 rounds testing. Since the upgrades I am up to 400 more rounds with no failures. With a TRS25 red dot this carbine comes to target quicker than most of my pistols. I have 3 small ranges on my property , 25 yard target, 75 yard target and 50 yard steel plates. My Sub2K (Glock 17 version) is still making 1-2 inch groups at the 75 yard and steel ranges. My eyes are too old to test it at longer distances, but I bet it can do 100 yards with a 1-2 inch grouping as well.

4 Likes

@silverstring

Man I am jealous, wish I could go out my back door and shoot.

3 Likes

Well, whenever you are in far NW Arkansas there is an open invite to drop by. Have spare beds and my wife Ginger is a great cook. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Like all of you I’ve put just about every M*CARBO upgrade on my S2K and it has been very reliable, functions well never had any FTF OR FTE problems. MC

4 Likes