M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub2000 recoil pad mod. Took 5mins. ANY THOUGHTS?

Recently I shot my sub at the range for the first time and it tore my chest up bad. So I added the mcarbo buttstock pad and took my 14 y/o daughter back to the range with me. It made a huge difference. She was able to control the sub with no issues. But I was at work (die setter/process tech/industrial maintenance) towards the end of the day and I got to thinking I can make it better. And five minutes after I got home I threw this together. Since I’m new to the forum I can only show one picture. But let me know if you want more. THOUGHTS AND FEEDBACK WELCOME!! Thanks. image|666x500

9 Likes

@Thomas7791 Welcome aboard. Nice, creative and cool your daughter can run it now.

4 Likes

8 Likes

This was the result of my first 300 rounds at the range

And this took 5 minutes after work

8 Likes

Thanks I just wanted to share it with the group. Maybe join some steel matches in the future. idk thanks brother

5 Likes

Looks like you got a good bruise, what were you shooting P++?

4 Likes

Just the stock sub2000 2nd gen. Came in with a can of ammo and left with a smile lol. But needed improvement

5 Likes

@Thomas7791 welcome to the forum thomas

4 Likes

I think the 1st Gen buttstock was a better design as far as shouldering it goes

2 Likes

just came home from the range. put out 300 rounds after running 3 miles on the trails :wink:
okay after looking at the design i noticed the bolt threads were rubbing on the plastic and the nuts were rotating off (as was pointed out). so i stopped by Menards and picked up some bolt posts threaded in 10-24 and a set of compression springs. this way the posts glide in and out the stock easily. i don’t really see a need to lubricate where the .posts and stock meet since it didn’t even get warm even after 300 rounds. but all THERE WAS NO felt recoil on my shoulder at all. though I still get punched in the face from the bolt tube. (the rear sights are still stock for now.) waiting to save enough for the taller sights maybe sooner than later. i really like how the pad tucks in my shoulder and the best part is IT CLOSES :wink:

5 Likes

10 Likes

Wow, sorry for the scratches. You might find a piece of neoprene wet suit / coffee cup / beer bottle insulation and sew yourself together a sock to cover the whole butt stock addition. Flexible, light-weight, and water-proof.

8 Likes

Now that is a great idea. That should work well. What size bolts did you use?
I’m going to try this on mine, this way different spring size can change the recoil.
great job.

6 Likes

Couldn’t this be considered a bump stock type apparatus? I like the idea of it don’t get me wrong? Just a question I asked myself.

2 Likes

Great idea Thomas!
When I bought the butt pad, I thought I was really getting a padded butt pad.

Chris if you manufacturer a soft pad, I’ll buy it!

Happy Memorial Day
Freedom isn’t FREE

Thank y’all for your service! My dad was POW in Bataan, so naturally today is a special day to remember him.
RIP Dad :pray:
george
San Antonio
:sunglasses::octopus::us:

8 Likes

Yea I agree Menards has different compression springs. I chose less tension but when all 4 of them are together it’s just right. I used 10-24 bolts They thread perfectly into the mcarbo pad. I had to trim the bolts down because the post would only take maybe 1/4”

2 Likes

That’s what someone at work told me. But the guys in the forum said they’re different

2 Likes

Just looks like with slight forward pressure to the rifle this would simulate bumpfire. I’m not saying anyone is doing something wrong or breaking the law cause I could care less. I’m just saying what I see that’s all.

1 Like

No I get it. That’s the last thing I would want. I’ve got a young family and I’m new to firearms as the sub is my first. I only recently heard what a bumpstock was and I wouldn’t want to get this confused

2 Likes

3 Likes