M*CARBO Brotherhood

SUB2000 Charging Issue

Hello All. I need some help. I just went to the range with my brand new sub 2000 and had issues right off the bat. With the charging handle forward, I placed a full mag (the one that came with it), charged the handle and the trigger didn’t set. So I then removed the mag and couldn’t pull back on the charging handle, it was jammed. Eventually I got it to break free and out came the jammed round. This happened a few times but only on the initial charge. Once it fired, it didn’t fail at all. Any ideas? I was using federal American eagle 9mm ammo also.

3 Likes

@Helopilot89 Cory, this may sound funny but did you pull the charging handle before you inserted the magazine? I had done that with my Glock once and didn’t realize it. My gun jammed as well. I cleared it out and could not repeat the failure…

4 Likes

@Helopilot89 Lock charging handle to the rear, insert loaded magazine then bring bolt forward to load first round. Don’t insert loaded mag with the bolt forward.

3 Likes

@dave67 other than trying to diagnose the problem why should it matter if the bolt is forward? I load full mags on a forward bolt all the time no problem.

6 Likes

@Kona Just giving Cory a simple resolution for now, if he’s inserting mag with bolt closed and this is happening then insert mag with bolt open and see what happens.

4 Likes

@dave67 figured that’s what you meant but wasn’t 100%. Maybe you knew something I didn’t and my whole life was a lie! :joy:

5 Likes

@Kona When it comes to the operation of the Sub-2000 I doubt I know more than you, I think you sleep with that thing.:laughing:

7 Likes

Perhaps the magazine was overloaded? I’ve done that before (not on the sub) and took out the magazine and after that I took out the rounds. I found that somehow, my teenager loaded one extra round in my magazine, giving no room at all for further compression and with the bolt closed it had no wiggle room for the bolt to be racked back to load the first round. Just sharing what I experienced.

4 Likes

Yes I think Kona sleeps with his Sub2k. LMAO!

5 Likes

No. I made sure the magazine was in before I charged the handle. Thank you for asking though. I don’t doubt that I could have made that mistake.

3 Likes

This issue has happened with both ways. I’ve had bolt open, then inserted mag, close bolt, same issue. Bolt closed, insert mag, charge handle, same issue.

3 Likes

I think you might be right. Now that I think about it, after I removed the jammed round, and didn’t put it back in the mag, it worked…and this only happened with full mags. Like I said originally, the gun works great once I get past that original issue. Thank you!! I’ll have to go back to the range and test some things to make sure.

Although, I was able to charge the handle initially, the charging handle just got stuck when the trigger wasn’t setting and I tried to remove the jammed round.

5 Likes

Anytime Helopilot89! Please let us know how it works out after your next range outing.

5 Likes

Also make sure it is lubed up properly. The first time I fired mine I didnt lube it and it gave me issues.

4 Likes

@Helopilot89 it kind of sounds like the round is having problems coming out of a full mag (maybe too stiff) but the bolt “should” be strong enough to push the bullet out of the mag fully loaded or not.

6 Likes

I just noticed the wear marks at the start of my barrel. See the bottom left of the barrel how it has wear and scuffs (which is actually the top when the gun isn’t folded up). I think the rounds are jamming when pulled from through the feed ramp. It’s almost like the feed ramp is at too extreme of an angle? Does this sound possible?
jIjVISpiSr%20CeM5O84Tyjg

4 Likes

I don"t see anything but carbon that I believe will wipe off.

I think you are overloading your mags. What mags are you using? How many rounds are you loading? I have some mags that I can sneak extra rounds into - some run over capacity and some don’t. I also have mags that only run reliably downloaded by 2 rounds (different platform but another blowback carbine).

5 Likes

Same here. The S2K doesn’t have an auto bolt “slide lock” feature anyway. Every single mag I insert is on a closed bolt.

3 Likes

(Scratching my head…) Some of the ‘most’ failure to feed problems are due to the magazine, itself. Maybe @Helopilot89 if he takes apart the mag and reassembles it, the mag feed will settle in… It usually ‘shows up’ when loading the mag to full capacity. If it is only happening on that very same mag, then try feeding it one or two less to confirm my suspicions.

3 Likes

I just saw a video here about a guy who got his S2K back from the barrel and it wouldn’t feed. Why? Because he had a .40 cal version and Kel-Tec put a 9mm front end on it. Might want to check that chambering…

3 Likes