M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 9 Input & Thoughts

I have found a Sub 9 and am thinking of buying it. How does it compare to the sub 2k?

1 Like

If it’s a good price, buy it!

4 Likes

If it is something you want, buy it, If it is something someone else is telling you “You Need This”, then don’t buy it.
Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Oh I want one if I’m not mistaken it’s all metal construction no polymer. I would jump as long as you have a purpose for it and the price is right for you.

1 Like

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/793076655

3 Likes

@Westen It looks like basically a Gen 1 Sub-2000 but with aluminum receiver halves and grips but the forend looks to be polymer? :thinking:

2 Likes

@Westen it does have the last round bolt hold.:grin:

Did I see the buy now price was $800?

For that much $$ I would pass. :astonished:

1 Like

Yeah i have one that i bought over a year ago they have aluminum grips and a aluminum front sight but the butt stock and forend are polymer on them but i also bought mine for over 600 dollars i just seen the opening bid of 450 though i might need another one :thinking::thinking: but they are petty neat and a different aspect on the sub line up

2 Likes

@Westen everything I have read about them seems to point out that they were superior to the sub2000 in many ways…just that KT could not fabricate them cheap enough to make a profit.

But at that price you also open up an entirely different class of PCCs as well.:grin:

1 Like

How’s the reliability? I’ve never personally seen anything about their reliability, which I guess is a good thing.

1 Like

I have never had a problem with it but i only shoot brass

2 Likes

@Westen what is the take down like? Are the internals any different than the sub2000?

2 Likes

It takes down like the just like all the other subs the internals are different it has a switch for safety instead of the cross bolt safety the trigger and peep sight are metal as well as the latch that you fold them apart with the bolt is different to

2 Likes

@Westen is it a closed bolt?

@Johnksg it’s my understanding all open bolt guns after 1986 are considered NFA machine guns because of their ease of conversion. Unless you mean something else…

1 Like

I was asking if the bolt face cams closed on locking lugs such as the HK?

1 Like

It has a closed bolt

2 Likes

So … I’m getting antsy waiting on someone to bid this up past my buy point. In case you want to save me grief, I may well be a buyer if I can get it to Texas at $500 or better. Quick math means I will bid $470 if I can resolve the personal dilemna of buying a full set of Glock magazines to feed it.

Oh, and fighting the how to sight it and fold it battle is equally unappealing. So, maybe I have this urge to buy thing beaten, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

But, if you see my bid - you know how much it’s gonna cost you to win it. I keep hoping the frenzy will g’head and start so I can just fugetaboutit.

3 Likes