M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2K re-cocking hammer

All Things SUB-2000!

Putting the gun back together. Before I install safety I must cock the hammer back. I have tried everything and every angle I can think of. Can’t get it done. Could I have something installed backward between the hammer and sear?

Help!

5 Likes

Wow! Finally got it. Trigger was not in forward position. Once placed there, the hammer locked back. Going forward now with the final steps. Can’t wait to take this sucker to the range to test out the upgrades.

6 Likes

Well, now having difficulty getting the safe to set properly. Going to give up for the day and start fresh tomorrow. Think I will break the whole thing down and start over tomorrow. The videos are somewhat deceiving. Honestly, I am capable of dealing with intricate processes. Just having a very difficult time with this one. Beginning to wish that I had left all of this alone and used the gun pristine from KelTec.

7 Likes

Don’t get discouraged. The hammer needs to be forward (uncocked) when you put the halves together so there’s no extra tension on the springs. The trigger and trigger bar should move forward under spring tension - you shouldn’t have to push them forward manually. If they don’t, something isn’t installed right.

Once you get the hammer cocked and are putting in the safety, you have to put a tool in the other side and move the trigger bar out of the way so it can slide in.

I recommend watching the Ultimate video again - it’s probably one of the clearest how-to videos I’ve seen. Relax and take a breath - I’m sure you’ll get it. Lots of us here have done the upgrades and we’ll help any way we can.

7 Likes

Take phuzzy42s advice. Cant get frustrated. Watch the video go slow. The safety , red goes toward ejection port. It seems counter intuitive but it’s the way it goes.

For instance I tried putting the halves together for about 30 minutes with barrel in locked position.

After I unlocked barrel everything went smooth.

It happens. We all share your pain.

8 Likes

@HashMarks I’ve solved a lot of things by taking a break and getting my mind off of the problem at hand.

7 Likes

Don’t get discouraged. The end result is totally worth it.

7 Likes

@HashMarks before you know it, it’ll be second nature tearing it down and putting it back together

8 Likes

Thanks so much for comments and encouragement. Starting back into the project now. Will keep you abreast of my progress!

5 Likes

Sure hope M*Carbo doesn’t come up with anything else for the internal function of the sub 2k. It is my greatest wish that this will be my first and last foray into the innards of this gun. Want to thank all the members of the Brotherhood that either gave advice or just plain understanding of the frustration I was experiencing.
But, I did get it put back together and all appears to be functioning properly. Won’t know for sure until I get to the range. The solution was just watching Chris’; video over and over again.
You may notice that I have changed my emoji for this site. And yes, I am drinking a brew as I write this note. Might just have 2 or 3 before I am done. LOL
Thanks again to all for your most valued assistance!!

7 Likes

never say never! Glad you were able to get things back in working order.

6 Likes

Thank you, Silverback,so much for your encouragement.

6 Likes

If you got the stainless steel hammer bushing, you are good to go. If not, you will be taking it apart again. Probably fairly soon. Lol.

4 Likes

Ohhhh. That’s harsh!!! Lol

3 Likes

Yep, the hammer bushing was included. So… all I am missing is the butt pad, rear sight and optic mount. Will probably install the open sight and butt pad. Not too sure about the optic mount.

2 Likes