Sub 2K M Series

Mine was mid-1900s. They are taking them from the bin in Winchester order.

5 Likes

Why so long on the NICS check? Here it takes 15-30 minutes if that. If you have CHL, you don’t have to wait at all. Just give your CHL #, fill out the form and walk out with your new firearm.

7 Likes

@Cel-Tic Yup!! This is NJ!!The Nics check can take anywhere from 3 hours to as many as 8 days.Last week it was same day but the storm had them closed down. By tuesday it’ll probably back to 1-2 days.

4 Likes

I believe it’s known as the Blue State Peasant Penalty.

6 Likes

It’s a matter of taste. Flat triggers offer the most benefit when accuracy is paramount and there’s a need for a light (and expensive) trigger. Competition shooting especially. On small pistols and rifles like the S2k, flat is not in any way essential.

To each his own. Pick the one that feels right. But don’t expect there to be a huge difference between the curved and straight on the Sub 2000 as far as how well it shoots or accuracy. It ain’t that kinda gun.

5 Likes

So how 'bouts when it’s the same cost as a curved trigger, so free. What would you pick?

1 Like

I like the flat triggers best. First one I got was because the drop in trigger for an AR I was building the curved trigger was out of stock. I went ahead and ordered the flat trigger. I have not ordered a curved trigger since. I only order flat triggers now.

2 Likes

@Cel-Tic , Some like a flat trigger because it offers more leverage and more space inside the trigger guard. Curved has an advantage because there is more contact between the surface of the trigger and your finger. Some say the pull weight of a flat trigger feels lower but this is really about your finger being at the end of a lever. A flat trigger offers some variation when it comes to finger placement. Your can change the leverage. Curved has a small space between the trigger guard and the finger, so there’s less ability adjust your pull.

Personally, I have come to prefer flat. I have a habit of doing trigger upgrades on just about every firearm I own. Determining pull weight on factory triggers is in part influenced by the company’s lawyers.

Deep thoughts about triggers and trigger upgrades:

A lot of people who buy firearms don’t have good trigger discipline. They just can’t remember to keep their booger hook off the bang switch until it’s time to send a round on its way. I think a light trigger is bad in the hands of a doofus. Lawyers also know this. There’s always that guy who carries appendix without a holster and shoots his nuts off. Or the one who takes out a sprinkler head at the range with his new AR pistol with a binary trigger. The nutless guy sues the gun company. The RO kicks Rambo out of the range before he accidentally shoots somebody. Thus the ubiquitous 5-8 pound pull on most factory pistols and some long guns.

Unless you are going for accuracy/target shooting off of a bag or competing, factory triggers do the job and they are generally safer. I’m super cautious in allowing someone to shoot a gun I’ve modified.

My 2 cents. Actually 3 cents, adjusted for inflation.

4 Likes