M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2000 Recoil Buffer question

I just installed the recoil buffer on my Sub 2K.
Problem, now I can’t pull charging handle all the way back to lock it. Tried it a few times. Am i missing something?

4 Likes

If you’ve tried function test & all is well than it should seat itself .How many times have you tried to get it to lock open?

3 Likes

How thick is the buffer pad?

3 Likes

The one that M*Carbo sells

3 Likes

Ive tried multiple times…10-12?

3 Likes

Is it functioning? Charge the handle & pull trigger? How about a picture?

2 Likes

As far as working it works fine. Pulls back enough to charge and shoots fine. It’s maybe 1/4" from being able to lock it open. Not sure if it can be seen in picture but it’s as far as it goes back.

3 Likes

There are several others on here that have alot of knowledge about the Sub.I’m sure someone will come up with the solution.

3 Likes

The recoil spring may not be seated all the way into the charging handle? Make sure the pin is firmly seated in the handle and that the handle is secure and the flat is on the back side …

FWIW

3 Likes

@kannonvaggon Yep. Could be the problem.!I forgot that it could still function without being seated. I think if you can pull charge handle out you’ve found the issue.Easy fix.20210904_125614|375x500

2 Likes

@Pviscald So what’s the verdict? I took my new one apart for cleaning yesterday and that last 1/4" is the pin not seated in the hole.

2 Likes

Well finally fixed it last night. It had nothing to do with the recoil buffer but with the charging handle locking pin not being installed correctly into the charging spring. Took that apart, set it correctly and now works like a charm.

7 Likes

Excellent news, go shooting!

4 Likes