M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2000 reassembly problem

I just received my Sub-2000 and after taking it apart to install the new recoil buffer and recoilless charging handle, I couldn’t get the bolt to go all the way in. After checking some YouTube videos someone mentioned that “you make need to reach in the ejection port and push the hammer down to allow the bolt to go in”. I did this and it worked, question is, is this normal or is there a fix?

11 Likes

@miatabob13 Normal’ Procedure as Per!

10 Likes

Welcome aboard @miatabob13

9 Likes

Like Diva said. SOP.

8 Likes

…and for $500, what does @miatabob13 drive? :grinning:

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Bob. Regarding your post, pretty much what everyone else said. :wink:

8 Likes

A Mazda Miata! Send my 500 ASAP! :rofl:

9 Likes

Check’s in the mail, brother, check is in the mail… :wink:

Forgot to mention that was Monopoly money, though compared to our actual currency value you might be better off… :laughing:

9 Likes

I’m rich, rich I tell ya…

Rats, knew there was a catch.

9 Likes

There always is, chief, there always is… :grinning:

10 Likes

@miatabob13 Welcome to the Brotherhood. Normal to do it.

6 Likes

It’s normal but you shouldn’t need to push the hammer down. Just slide the charging handle forward - hard - and the bolt head will ride on over the hammer. It won’t hurt anything - that’s what it does every time it’s fired.

2 Likes

Kinda freaks you out the first time dosnt it. lol.

3 Likes

Yep, it was a surprise, just happy there is nothing wrong.

1 Like

I usually just let gravity do the work by holding the firearm muzzle down, aligning the bolt and dropping it in. It sails right over the hammer. I prefer that to slapping the charging handle and possibly stressing it. The CH gets enough of a workout reciprocating and there is a history of them breaking.

3 Likes

It is interesting, some folks can simply drop the olt in and it slides by the hammer and the rest of us need to reach in and depress the hammer to get the bolt to slide home, I am in the latter category as you are!

Hi There miatabob13,
Keltec has a video on the vary subject. There is a specific sequence you need to follow ending up the gun safety on. The video stated that they do not recommend the “push the hammer down” technique to be repeated multiple times.

1 Like

Lmao! Too late! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Check this out

https://youtu.be/2Mx-wN7l3DY?t=3

Not sure what you mean too late?

https://youtu.be/2Mx-wN7l3DY?t=3

Oh nevermind I thought you were talking about something else! My bad! I have not run in to that problem but it’s good information to know! Thank you!

1 Like