M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2000 re-assembly

All Things SUB-2000!
My sub 2000 is brand new.
After field stripping for cleaning, I have to force the hammer down a bit for the bolt to slide in, with a screwdriver.
Is this normal or am I doing it wrong?

7 Likes

Totally normal. This was actually covered a couple of weeks ago. Most just use their index finger. Just do a function test to make sure all is working as it should.

6 Likes

Ok thanks. Glad to hear its not me.

6 Likes

Next order you put in, invest in one of the wood dowels they sell. Worth the money for this. Or use your finger too if that works for you. Learning a ton of stuff on this forum! :grin:

5 Likes

Have a dowel.

I just didn’t think I would need it for reassembly.

Thanks

Rick/Dad/Cang

3 Likes

You don’t. Just stick your man digits in there. Lol

3 Likes

@Jperr that’s right :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

3 Likes

I did clarify that in my post, body parts would work too. :grin: May come out missing some skin though, maybe, but it will grow back. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

@rickyc just smack the charging handle with the palm of your hand. It will drop past the hammer without any screwdrivers or fingers. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Slapping the charging handle did not always work for me and I like my skin intact. I just hold the rifle vertically with the muzzle down, line up the charging handle notch, and drop the bolt/weight assembly into the tube letting gravity do the job. Works every time.

4 Likes

I had the same problem, so I use the dowel that is sold by MCarbo, Works fine

Thanks

Rick/Dad/Cang

If you plan on buying a Trigger Kit, which is a great investment, a dowel comes with that kit. Your fingers, drop method or the Mr. Cuddles trick are viable options for now. Heck, you are probably already shooting it by now and past all of this anyway. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

There’s always Home Depot or Lowes… for instant gratification; they have a huge barrel full of wood dowels in every size for a buck 49 or buck 99… maybe a little more for larger diameter furniture repair.

2 Likes

Almost any large craft store also will have a good dowel assortment.

2 Likes

I ran into this same thing the first time I pulled the bolt out. Had a MAJOR “Oh S***” moment.

1 Like