M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2000 optic mount Romeo 5

I want to confirm when mounting this on sub 2000optic mount we are supposed to remove the hi mount and replace with the low mount that comes with it?
Thank You

5 Likes

Your choice. Most run high mounts. I run low mounts.

7 Likes

Are you saying most use high mount on MCARBO optic mount?It looks like in the pictures and the video they are using the low mount?

5 Likes

My preference…

7 Likes

Thanks. Main reason I’m installing is that the gun is to uncomfortable to shoot just using the factory sights. have to grind cheek to the stock and crane my neck. Not worth the hassle to me. If the new sight picture makes it fun to shoot I’ll keep it,if not I’ll get rid of the gun.

8 Likes

I am saying to select the mount that works for you.

I missed the reference to the MCARBO Optic Mount, but the advice is the same. And I don’t know anyone running a high mount on top of the Optic Mount - low is safe. If you think it should go higher, swap the mount.

11 Likes

That’s what i’ll do. Thanks

8 Likes

I receive the Sub 2000 optic mount today,installed it & Romeo 5. Went to range and zeroed it and it worked great. I will be keeping it.
I can shoot it along side my KSG.

7 Likes

Late to the party… But yes, I run low mounts on both of these S2K’s :metal:

2 Likes

I removed the rear sight because it was what made me not like the gun.Sight picture was no good for me.

2 Likes

That’s cool… Quite a few on this forum just run their red dots :+1:

2 Likes

You also could just cut the tabs so it does not auto-deploy. That would leave it folded out of your way yet still available if needed. As others have done, you might also consider enlarging the peep by drilling it out.

3 Likes

Thanks Joe ,That’s a good idea. I think i’ll do both.Maybe even make it a notch sight without buying a new one.

1 Like

I’m a systems type of guy and a little Monkish tendencies if you ever watched the Monk series. I prefer the notch sights and always have on all my weapons… Except my Springfield M1A SOCOM.

2 Likes

Here is a link to my effort to convert a standard rear sight to a notch. If you screw up, replacement rear sights from Keltec are pretty cheap.

3 Likes

So to be clear I would cut the tabs on the sides so they dont deploy?
Just leaving the post itself?
Thanks

2 Likes

See this post. If you cut just enough the sight will still auto-deploy but can be folded down. Removing a bit more material will keep it from auto-deploying.

3 Likes

Hey Joe, I just modified it as you indicated. Works great for what I want.No auto deploy but there if I want it.
Thanks

4 Likes

Happy to help. You will find many others here equally glad to assist with issues and questions.

4 Likes

I used an angled Picatinny rail. It keeps my cheek off of the stock of my KS 7.

1 Like