M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub-2000 Optic Mount - previous model?

I tried searching the forums for this topic and didn’t find what I was looking for. With that being said, wasn’t there a stainless steel optic mount for the Sub-2000? Like in this video:

New KEL-TEC SUB-2000 Optic Mount - M*CARBO

I can see why the current version of the optic mount was made so it’ll match the color for the gun. But the stainless one looks wicked cool. Did that version get alot of negative reviews?

3 Likes

That vid was pre release. It was unanodized aluminum in that video.

3 Likes

@TacticalBilly welcome to the forum billy

3 Likes

This Midwest model flips around, mounts on front hand guard. I’m looking for a taller rear peepsight, under $65 for a post. Took a stock Keltec, filled in the peep hole, flattened the top a bit and notched it, not too bad. Acquiring the front post isn’t as fast as a peep hole on the rear to me. I’m used to peep sights and prefer that. The reflex sight, red dot, goes on with thumbscrews, maintains accuracy and is the right height, acquires target quickly and with a set-back riser leaves the inadequate stock sights intact. but…
it requires a separate carry pouch and mounting it on. Too bad Keltec just didn’t put 1/2" higher sights on the design, they must use small people to test R&D.

3 Likes

@smokinJoe Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Interesting mount… Thx

1 Like

Looks like the rail mount i got on my AK lol. :grin:

1 Like

Mounted on the S2K

Honestly, I don’t either of the scope mounts offered, here or there, both too expensive and one sticks out making a compact gun into a bulky one. I’d prefer a snap on mount that retained accuracy, or one that rotates around 180 degrees, we have a long way to go

1 Like

Personally, I’ve had no issues with the MCarbo mount on all 4 of Sub9mm

2 Likes

glad you can afford 4 of them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Two gen1 going back a few years, two gen2 I bought before the whole Sub9mm craze

3 Likes

The one thing about the Midwest sight mount I do not like is the paracord to prevent the bolt from going forward and damaging the sight. I think I wouldn’t like a loop hanging down while shooting, or “deployed”
I use a thumbscrew picatinny mount for mine, it seems pretty consistent each time I’ve used it, but needs re-torqued after a couple shots vibrate it some, maybe a wing nut would be better.

2 Likes

Not sure if you’ve seen my post on How do you carry your S2k. I’ve had no problems packing the S2k with the MCarbo optic mount and Romeo5 rds into this Ridgeline pack with the rifle folded, some of the other optic mounts maybe not so easily.

4 Likes

nice, saw one in person the other day, looks good. And like most Mcarbo gear is well thought out, thanks for sharing pics.

2 Likes

I slide the S2K in the middle slot in a 35L pack back, my range bag, it is a thin compartment though, how much does it add to thickness?

1 Like

Good question on the added thickness, not quite sure. Here is the link to the small pack.

I have this one, 35L

1 Like

If you and your compartment can handle a bump that is the height of your optic, your system can handle the MCARBO Optic mount. If the bump disturbs you or your pack can’t accommodate the bump, the MCARBO will require an update to your means or location of carry.

2 Likes

Comment on point. I’ll take some pics tonight of my entire loadout in this Fieldline pack and post it here :+1:

1 Like