M*CARBO Brotherhood

Sub 2000 multi mag glock 33 mag tight fit

Anyone else have any issues with the 33 Rd glock mag fitting super tight on their sub 2000 gen 2 ? Wondering if there is a fix or some advice . Thanks

2 Likes

Ill assume youre using a factory Glock mag? And do you mean its tight getting in, or tight on the release?
I wasnt aware there was a Glock configuration for the “multi mag” sub2k?
I have no issues with my G19 sub2k using either of the glock factory, and pro-mag 33rd happy sticks.

1 Like

Thanks stir , I may be an idiot then. Yes it’s tight getting in and tight getting out . I’m using factory glock mag “ happy sticks” just doesn’t seem right. Bullets cycles fine but the Fit is way to tight. Is there a happy stick that works best for the multi mag that I should be using ?

1 Like

I have had no issues with the fit or function of my 33rd magazines from a Korean company named RWB. Bought these at a great price from Classic Firearms. The ratings are a 4.5 stars of 5.0 from almost 800 reviews.

2 Likes

Do you mean side-to-side fit or just difficult to lock in? When the mag is filled all the way it’s not unusual for it to be hard to snap in, so just slap the bottom of the mag. If it’s rubbing the sides going in, there’s some other problem going on.

1 Like

@Macbeth52 Which magazine release is installed on your Multi-Mag sub? Should be the manufactures initials stamped on the right side of the mag release.

3 Likes

I maybe old fashioned, but I only put 32 rounds in my 33 round magazines.

2 Likes

I lose count easily. But Definately over 30 in all mine :wink:

2 Likes

Actually have the mcarbo mag release installed on it. I even ordered the glock mag from mcarbo too , im starting to question if i read the multimag gen 2 compatibility wrong?

1 Like

its rubbing the sides and doesnt “click” in. So i guess the question i should really be asking is what mag type does the gen 2 multimag accept in high capacity?

1 Like

@Macbeth52 First off , does your sub have the metal or plastic grip collar? This determines whether yours is a multi-mag or glock sub. It also says on the grip half what it is. What magazine came with the sub originally?

2 Likes

Don, you sorted me out. In fact it appears as though i cannot read. I have been using the wrong mag. On old mag release is states clearly M&P. So i just ordered some promag M&P9. Appreciate your help getting me sorted out.

5 Likes

I usually keep mags full except the PMR. Its mags tend to misfeed more when full so I only put 25 in each.

2 Likes

I’ve had that happen with Glock oem and ETS 31 rounders. Somewhat stick on the release for no reason that they really had a muscle out and others no issue. It appears I fixed it by taking armorall wipes and wiping the inside of the magazine well and the magazine sides (same trick we use on competition magazines to make them release faster).

1 Like

ETS… and they are less than half what Glock gets for their Mags.

I use the steel-lined mags from Classic Firearms, both the 33-round size and a 15-round that I got for a backup to the one that came with the S2K. They are made in S. Korea and seem very sturdy, giving no feed issues. My view is that the steel lining makes them slightly thicker and that keeps them from sliding in without slightly rubbing, but they also don’t fall free if that’s an issue for you. I’m wondering if the reinforced feed lips are part of why you have to slap them into the magwell pretty hard to get them seated. The 33’s seat easier than the 15, but that could just be from the extra weight. I’ve tried mounting my mags in all 4 different ways as far as with the safety being on or off and with it being cocked or not because I seem to get different results each way by how it feels, but I always, always handle it with an EMPTY chamber. The sluggish sliding just seems like it’s just a tradeoff for being sturdy and easy to grip.

@Macbeth52 … I see you ID’d your Sub as a M&P model 7 days ago. I also see you order long Promag sticks. I’m in the group that is not satisfied vy Promag Performance. So, just making you aware that ETS now makes long sticks for M&P.

1 Like